1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Nick Goings

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by QC REPRESENT, Jan 15, 2006.

1. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

It will be interesting just how much the broken ankle costs him in free agency. 3 years, 3 broken bones. Could give the Panthers a break in allowing them to sign him for less money and give the team time to find the next go to runner

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

yeah, and don't forget Eric Shelton coming off IR next season

Goings/Robertson should be great next week if the Offensive Line can play anything close to what they played against Chicago... that front seven of the Bears is one nasty bunch. Seattle is in big fucking trouble if they under estimate our running game because of who's carring the football.

3. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

First off, and I think that everyone would agree, if it weren't for Foster's performance the past 4 weeks, the Panthers probably wouldn't be playing next week. That being said, I think that Goings has proven himself to be a pretty good player, especially after his showing last year. I think that he will do the job next week.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Ironically I think the broken ankle probably does make it more likely that we keep Foster, and I'm in favor of that as long as it is a very reasonable deal. Nothing larger than the one Stephen Davis got for coming here, for instance.

5. Piper

Piper phishin member

Had the same thought.

A big deal would have made us use him like a feature. His biggest weakness is the number of hits he takes due to his running style, and he took a lot this week. That had nothing to do with the injury this time, just a hard form tackle from behind and the ankle rolled. But as a role player in a realistic contract, that might be ok.

6. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

Sure, Foster has had a handful of highlights where he slips multiple tackles, but I think most of what we've seen this past month has been the O-line getting their act together.

7. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

ankle, collar bone and ??

8. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Knee, collar bone, ankle

9. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

he didn't break his knee, I realize he had the acl injury but thought I may have missed another broken bone

10. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

C'mon, I'm a homer too, but even I can see that we just lost one of our 2 home run threats. Goings is dependable, but not elusive, and he isn't capable of breaking off a 70 yarder. Smith is gonna get doubled and tripled now.