1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Nick Fairley

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Jan 19, 2011.

1. finleye

finleye como say what?

The players should be able to realize that if the rookie pay scale goes in, then that huge precentage that used to go to make the #1 overall pick the 5th highest payed player is sports, will now be redsitrubted to the veterans.

The arbitration idea is intriguing, and should be considered, imo. My only hesitation with it would be this: the game of football is different than the game of baseball. Some positions in football have statistics that are readily available for making such arguments, while others are not so easily measured numerically. there is so much interdepence between positions in football, i would imagine those arbitrations could be quite contentious. Distinguishing between the players that truly did outperform their contracts and the players whose numerical measures indicate they did is not as easy as one might think.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

That money doesn't amount to much when you're spreading it out among the rest of the rosters.

Good points.

3. klgeorge13

klgeorge13 Molon Labe

I'm wondering if the 18 game schedule is just a smoke screen. It may be a bargining ploy by the NFL to get the other concessions the want, then they can back away from it and say they gave as much as the union did. Notice that revenue sharing, and the rookie wage scale have been nonissues. I especially find it odd that revenue sharing has not been mentioned by the union, and is a very big issue, maybe the biggest. I would hate to see the NFL become MLB.

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

On Twitter tonight at 6:30 answering questions if anyone is interested.

Nick_Fairley251 Nick Fairley
    #Panthers fans on twitter for my usual Q&A at 6:30 tonight. Panther fans only. Ask me anything. I'll get to as many as I can in 1/2 HR.

5. Mills51

Mills51 Full Access Member

Gee, I wonder if he's going to schedule Q&A sessions for the rest of the league's teams just in case he fails a drug test or scores a 3 on the wonderlic.