1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC State

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Franchise, Jan 1, 2009.

1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Damn, that Sendek sure did suck.

2. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

I was critical of Sendek but if you are going to still give him shit after this (for anything other then quitting) you are literally retarded. I've come to learn that most State fans are.

3. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

Agreed .......Crappy assed NCAA tourney.

4. stickwolf

I think Niner was being sarcastic. ....Herb has his team in the top 20 and heaven forbid WAIT until he get his players in there. And I would damn sure bet that ASU wouldn't trade coaches with us now. Guess just file this one in the "grass isn't always greener" category. or "careful what you wish for".

5. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

I'm not so sure we wouldn't have had some of the same issues with Herb if he had stayed. He had no plan for a PG once Atsur left. He hadn't recruited any which is why we are in the hole we are. The guys he had recruited in the class before he left were Horner, Werner, and Larry Davis. None of those were PGs. I guess the question is would he have actually got Chris Wright but you can't assume that given how many other top PGs he had missed on (not to mention Georgetown has a better program than we do anyway). And it is still guard play that is killing us. Mays is a 2G but is the best option we have at PG. So, maybe Herb just saw what was coming and jumped at the ASU offer while he was marketable. I can't blame him for that at all and am glad he is doing well. He is a good guy and didn't deserve all the crap he got. I don't think he was a guy that could build us into a consistent National or ACC Contender but he definitely got us back on the scene.

6. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

:xyxthumbs:

7. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

For the 1,000,000th time, Herb was NOT the answer. He was an annual bubble-team producer , which gets old after about 10 years.

Unfortunately, Sidney appears to be even worse (so far). If Sid can't get it together after a few more years, it's back to the drawing board.

Sid's failures so far do NOT, however, make Herb's failures go away.

8. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

9. stickwolf

Was wright not already committed to State?? And who knows what he would have brought in in the past 2 recruiting
    classes.

And I get so tired of 10 years this and 10 years that.....I will say AGAIN

We SHOULD have made a change in year 5. we didn't But if we did and had brought in Coach_________(Fill in the blank with the coach of your choice) and he promptly took NC State to 5 tourneys in a row...Finishing second in the league in his second year, while winning ACC coach of the year. Going to the sweet 16 in his 4th year.....After all NC State had been thru we would have probably resurrected a statue for him........ WE HAD THAT GUY and the program was finallty stable and consistent. . But most pointed to the first 5 years which to me didn't make a tinker shit AFTER we started making the tourney. But again....You guys got your wish.....and I'm sure Arizona St is grateful, while we are in "Here we go again mode"

And Yes Herb did go for the offer...Couldn't blame the guy with all these ungrateful fans.....And the last part might be why we had to go for a coach who was NOT EVEN QUALIFIED when we hired him......Those big names in the end wouldn't touch this job with a 10 ft pole. Give this rowdy fan base a blast from the past, a coach V player. that should make them happy.

That said Go State, lets break this damn streak Saturday.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  10. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

And with that said, I'm still glad he's gone.

:Woot_Emoticon: