1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC-Charlotte out of control??

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by TurdFerguson, Mar 2, 2004.

1. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Full Access Member

First Brown and now Withers. I hate to throw stones, but if this was an ACC team these fuckers would be over here telling us how sqeaky clean Bobby Lutz is, and how the rest of the area runs outlaw programs. This coming from the same people that gave us "thug cats."(reference to Cincy) I'm sure Coach Lutz will play some hardball and let Withers sit his 1 whole game like he did his point guard. Remember the next time you start bad mouthing other area programs over this stuff, it might just bite you in the ass.

Hey Observer, how about an article about the goings on at NC-Charlotte(they want all this pub when they do well, how about some when things aren't so good. )

2. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

No.

3. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Well, that was quite imformative.

4. 49erFan1

49erFan1 Junior Member

Hey Turd the charges on Brown were completely dropped the day after the Louisville game.

As for this, I say that Lutz shuts him down for at least the rest of the regular season, if not the conference tourney as well.

My only problem with suspending him for the rest of the year is that it is unfair to his teammates who have played their butts off all year, for it to be ruined by his one bonehead decision.

Besides do we really need to talk about JamesonCurry, Phil Ford, and the legendary UNC program?

5. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

No team is perfect. Charlotte's had a good run but this year has sucked when it comes to negative exposure. I for one have never critisized another institution because of what a few bonehead athletes may have done. Compared to what other schools athletes have done, ie Alabama/St Johns, I think Charlotte is still ahead of the curve. I hope Withers is suspended for two games. Of course, I want him to play and if he's suspended for the rest of the year, it'll suck, but I won't complain. Kids will be kids.

6. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

Your only problem suspending him for the entire year is because you want to see your team win at any cost. And for the record, Jameson Curry is not a Tarheel.

7. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Full Access Member

Well if the charges were dropped maybe they need to take him out of their database

http://mcmf.co.mecklenburg.nc.us:30...~~~~~~~~~298766011864710118647129876601186471
    For charges...
    http://mcmf.co.mecklenburg.nc.us:30...~~~~~~~~~298766011864710118647129876601186471

And this isn't Withers first brush with the law.

http://mcmf.co.mecklenburg.nc.us:30...~~~~~~~~~288239011535110115351128823901153511

Not saying yay or nay. It happens every where. But heres a little bit of advice, next time you or your cronies start busting on the other area teams maybe you can go back to that faithful day in 2004 when you saw arrest records for 2 fifths of your starting 5.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  8. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Remember Turd, even the Cincinnati fans acknowledged that it's only a few die hards that ramble on about Lutz's choir boys. Most Niner fans with a clue knew that one day we'd have our off court problems.

9. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

We've had them in the past too, with shoplifting and a few other charges against players. Also remember Lutz wasn't afraid to sit Withers out the first game of the season either. They're not perfect, nor are we. There are things I did (driving after many, many drinks across the streets of Charlotte, even from Rock Hill a few) in college I would not imagine doing today.

The simple problem here is the timing of the incident. Had it occurred in April or September no one would've cared. And the 49ers are way below average in off the court problems.

10. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I don't think Turd is implying that UNCC is horrible because they have off the court problems... the way I understood it he knew ALL teams did, but was pointing out that every time an ACC team has these problems at Niner fans come in yelling and screaming talking smack about it... kinda like the old Bible verse goes... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."