1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Morgan?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by 90-99-77-93, Oct 26, 2003.

1. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

2. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

Urlacher is a BEAS when he can flow to the ball; so you are correct in saying he doesn't shed blockers well. That said, you gimme a choice between Urlacher and our current (i.e., never healthy) incarnation of Morgan, I'm gonna take Urlacher every time.

3. y2b

y2b King of QC

hey can talk all he wants, he should be in prison anyway

a healthy Morgan over Ray Lewis any day, twice on Sunday

4. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

but i think the statement someone made was "when morgan is healthy is the possibly the best MLB in the league". healthy being the key word.

i'm not really agreeing either way. i don't think morgan is the best, but i don't think urlacher is either. urlacher is real good, but overrated.

5. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

puff puff give

nobody in the league brings his intensity. Without Lewis, Baltimore is a very average defense. Not to mention his speed, perfect angles he takes to the ball, playmaking ability, et al.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2003
  6. rake

rake Need one of these

If Morgan continues to be prone to injury and can not even string two full healthy games together this year then I still say we should see if we can promote some serious trade interest at the end of this season. Major points would be “what is his contract situation” (how much dead money would we be left with), and will anyone even give up a pick for a MLB that can’t stay on the field? I know that many of you want desperately to believe that Dan will one day bust through some barrier and finally somehow become “immune to injury”. That’s a dream . . . either a player is durable or he ain’t and ever since he’s been on the big boys playground he has proven to be anything but durable. I'm hatin' it too 'cause I love the guy as a player just like the rest of you, but if the injury cavalcade continues the club will have to move forward without him at some point. He would definitely be more tradable sooner than later. Concussions especially have a way of building up for guys who play headfirst and the more time that passes the more he’ll get and the less we’d get for him in a possible trade. Hurney is cagey and will hopefully figure out the best move for the team.

7. y2b

y2b King of QC

Sapp's pal should be in a cell right next to Ray Carruth serving 20 to life. Fuck Ray Lewis.

Damn, maybe that's where Sapp ends up...Baltimore?

8. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

Morgan out?

Coach John Fox said yesterday that middle linebacker Dan Morgan had been cleared by team physicians to play this past Sunday at New Orleans, and he was not second-guessing his decision to do so. Morgan had to leave the game in the second quarter after suffering a slight concussion - his second in two weeks.

The fact that Morgan has experienced some short-term memory loss while suffering the concussions in back-to-back games makes it unlikely that he will be cleared to play Sunday in Houston, although Fox said that, again, would be a decision for team physicians and not for Morgan nor the Carolina coaching staff.

"Each individual injury is different. There is no exactness," Fox said. "Even if I were a doctor, which I am not, there is no exactness to an injury. Some people take longer (to recover from a concussion). Some people take less time. Some people don't miss any time at all."

Fox said that Morgan seemed fine until he was taken out of the game after tackling wide receiver Joe Horn of the Saints in the end zone in the second quarter. Fox said that he approached Morgan on the sideline and asked him a question to which he was slow to respond, leading to the decision to sit him for the rest of the game.

It was the latest in a string of injuries for Morgan, who already had missed two games because of a pulled hamstring muscle and most of the previous week's game against Tennessee after suffering the first concussion. Morgan, the team's first-round draft pick in 2001, already has missed a total of 15 games during his three-year career - a fact not lost on a frustrated Fox.

"I would like to think it has been a little bit of bad luck for him," Fox said. "This is a violent game. This is a very physical game, and injuries are a part of it. He just has a little bit of a string (of injuries) going.

"I'm sure it's frustrating for him, but I don't think it's anything he's doing wrong or we're doing wrong. It's just part of the game."

Wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad, on the other hand, sat out Sunday's game at New Orleans after suffering a concussion the previous Sunday against Tennessee - and he said that he definitely will be able to play this Sunday at Houston.

"We were being cautious because I had a concussion last week. I don't want to take a chance on not being able to play down the stretch because of a recurring concussion or something. I'll be ready to go this week," Muhammad said.

Fox said that the team's injury report for this week won't be complete until the Panthers resume practicing Wednesday, but he added that both Muhammad and Nick Goings, a running back who also missed the game at New Orleans after suffering a concussion the previous week, are expected to be given clearance to practice all week at full speed.

Fox said he also hopes to have defensive tackle Brentson Buckner (hip) and wide receiver/special-teamer Karl Hankton (hamstring) back on the practice field Wendnesday. Both sat out last Sunday's game. He said he was less certain about the status of tight end Kris Mangum, who suffered a chest injury at New Orleans.

Fox was asked to clarify his statement after Sunday's game about rookie Colin Branch, whom he said had to leave that contest because of "an erratic heartbeat."

Fox grinned yesterday and admitted: "I think he just got tired."

If the playoffs were to begin today, the Panthers would be the No. 1 seed in the NFC because the conference's only other 6-1 team, the Minnesota Vikings, lost Sunday to the New York Giants, another NFC team. The Panthers' lone loss came at Indianapolis, an AFC team. That gives the Panthers the tiebreaker edge over Minnesota because they have a better record against NFC opponents

9. Fan. Attic

Fan. Attic Upstairs Lurker

Re: Morgan out?

Please tell me this didn't come from the Observer... :rolleyes:

10. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Give Morgan the game off so we'll have him for Tampa Bay.