1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Morgan regrets playing last week

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by LarryD, Oct 29, 2003.

1. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

Huh? Damn, betcha lots of Falcon fans said that very same thing when Vick went down...What is thier record now?

How many more 100 yard rushing attacks can we sustain and keep winning games. If Morgan was out for the entire Saints game, Duece may have easily had another 20-40 yards rushing. And that just may have been enough to beat us.

It is tough just to think about sitting him down for the Texans game. But after that we have a very tough November. Tampa is going to be highly motivated coming into our house. The Deadskins still have talent regardless of the state of idiocy thier coach and owner bring. The Cowboys are still 5-2 until further notice and just in case nobody is watching, the Eagles do not suck as bad anymore.

We need Dan for this month....Now is not the time to set sail on the USS Cocky and think we are going to ride the backs of Greg 'Doing me no' Favors and Lester Towns to the Superbowl...

2. Piper

Piper phishin member

dig-it, don't talk smack. No one goes on IR for two minor concussions (if he relly had two, sounds like the second one was just effects from the first one).

We are better with him in there, we could see that from the first and second half. Its frustrating that he's not. But that doesn't mean you put him on the IR needlessly.

As for getting more consistancy from WW, i don't see how that's going to make Favors and whatever other healthy body we can find better.

3. LitterBox999

LitterBox999 Enjoy your winter.Scumbag

Those new ugly Revolution helmets are supposed to dramatically cut down on the nuber of concussions in the nfl.

4. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Yep, and Dan ain't wearing one. I betcha he will be the next time he plays, though.

5. 90-99-77-93

90-99-77-93 propane

Concussions can be bad and dog a player forever. The fact is our defense is much better with him on the field than without. When healthy, I think he's one of the top 2 or 3 middle linebackers in the league. I wouldn't put a guy on IR because of a concussion. They clear up and most times sitting out an entire season isn't going to help any more than a game or two. If we're going to make a playoff run we need Dan.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

He would probably find a way to get hurt worse while he was on IR anyway....

7. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Where`s the smack?
    Who determines whats a minor or major concussion? All I read was concussion, no description.
    I agree we`re much better with him in there, who said we weren`t?
    Sounds like he could of had a concussion at Miami, when he was a senior.
    I think we get to the playoffs with our remaining schedule without a Morgan. Let him heal and be productive for years to come. We play 500 ball for the rest of the year, we`re in the playoffs.
    I`ve read of a lot of players trying to come back too soon from a head injury and their careers were cut way short. I think the Panthers are in a position to keep Morgan out. IMHO

8. Piper

Piper phishin member

>>Where`s the smack?

Something about watching playmakers.

>>Who determines whats a minor or major concussion?

Doctors.

>>All I read was concussion, no description.

www.panthers.com. Fox PC. The words "minor concussion" appear.

I've never heard of a player going on IR simply for a concussion. Cases where you've had 5 or 6 bad ones, and their are lingering effects, like Young and Romo, yea. But those are usually career enders. As in, you can't take another, ever. Not just this year.

Basically, IMO, unless you are Dan Morgan's doctor, we just leave this kind of speculation out of it.

9. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Agreed, so lets shut the fuck up about it.

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Regardless of the concussions he will pull a hamstring or break a leg or a hand or something. He is a walking injury.