1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

more props for Maine

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by uncc86, Jun 23, 2003.

1. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Re: Maine Promoted

Figured it would happen soon. Delmarva was to be playing in Greensboro July 4-6 and I hoped to see him pitch. But for the good news, Frederick is playing the Winston-Salem Warthogs, July 2-4.

Let's do the dance! :banana: :banana: :banana:

2. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

Having just been to a Warthogs game......its an easy place to get to from Charlotte (appr. 1 hour) and a great place to watch the game.

Hopefully, I can get to one of the games next week.

3. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

I would like to see him pitch in Winston. Maybe I could introduce some of yall to him that want to go to the game.

86, I told ya they would move him up after the break. They had to let him start the SAL game. no need to rush. The Carolina League is a whole-nother can of worms. Much more difficult than the SAL and virtually identical to AA. He is now at the fourth level of the minors, so all the scrubs are gone at this point.

Austin, his 3 pitches are fastball (2 seam/4 seam, hence the variation from 90-96), bastard curve, and a change up.

4. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

one other sidenote, Frederick the team Maine got promoted to, also has former 49er third baseman Eric Shanks.

5. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

Re: Re: Maine Promoted

http://www.potomacnews.com/servlet/...icArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031769880829&path=!sports

since his 1st Carolina League start appears to be Sunday & the Keys most recent boxscores show a 5 man rotation.......could John be throwing on the 4th ?????

of course, this assumes that weather doesn't screw with the schedule this week.