1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

mini camp

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

If the coach is getting on Haye hard then that might mean he will make the team or atleast we will keep him around on the PS. If the guy did not have potential then the coach would not waste his time riding the guy.

2. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Gotta disagree - Buckner was like a coach on the field on Friday. Spent the whole D-line drill working with the 2 new rookies. While they were in the drill, and in between. Telling them to watch all the other vets, watch him, hold your ass this way, use your arms this way, etc. Jenks also helped.

3. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Thats good to hear, seemed on Sautrday afternoon they we're more concerned with what was happening on the other fields, and talking amongst themselves. I'll happily be incorrect in my observation here.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I am surprised Buckner was helping those guys out. After the hazing thing last year I did not see him as a guy who helped the young guys out.

5. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Buckner has always been a guy that helps the young guys out. That's the reason I was shock with what Pitch said. All the players haze the rookies. They always have. You've just heard about Buckner because one dumbass that isn't anywhere near the league anymore took offense.

6. Rumpeltiltspin

Rumpeltiltspin Dixie Normous

I would hope that they wouldn't have anybody out there who didn't have 'potential' and/or who didn't have a chance to make the team.

7. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

I'm glad to hear that the DL were helping the young guys at times, but they shoudlnt be forming a clique any time. I'm somewhat concerned about this. We'll see.

WP, you must have been including the 3rd rounder in your 5 DL then.

Others: I suspect the DL coach rides everyone who needs riding. They don't bring anyone in if they're not worth riding.

Thanks everyone for the info.

8. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

I heard Peppers and Jenkins went to a movie afterward and didn't invite anyone else.

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

builds trust now so they can haze in Spartanburg. Ice water and being taped to a goalpost ain't nothing...and the rookies will be likely to not have an issue with it since they will feel accepted by their teammates. That hazing thing was such a non-issue last year, it was laughable.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous to think these guys are cliquish based on one account of a fan peering through a fence at one practice one day.

Especially in 2003 when they did the Fox show and the starters made Wallace and Burton come along and be shown as starters, also.