1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by muff_spelunker, Nov 5, 2003.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

I thought the 3rd one was OK, but not as good as 1 & 2 (kinda like the 3rd Godfather :D :D !!!!!). The ending wasn't as clear cut as I thought it was going to be. Did all of the computers die and free everyone :confused: ? ? I thought this was the whole point of Neo getting killed by Agent Smith, only to infect everybody/everything associated with the main bad guy (The Architect). To me, the Wachoski (?) brothers left the door a tad open for possibly picking this series up sometime down the road.

2. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

This movie sucked. It was awful.

They should have just painted "Jesus" on Neo's chest since it was obvious that they didnt want anyone to miss it. We get the obvious religious parallels, even the damn Taoist ones!

Morpheus has regressed into a fat yes man. Lawrence, my man, did you did anything but eat between films? Jheez, he was like 100 pounds heavier than in the first one.

I could type a doctoral thesis on all the literary and religious symbols, stolen ideas and the like, but I don't have a damn clue who the Oracle or the Architect really are, and only a few weak theories as to what or who the little girl is. And I'm digging - right down to Chaos/Order theory. Like the movie, these characters suffer from trying to be too much to everyone. There are too many contradictions for me to understand exactly what they represent.

The ending was pure bullshit. My only question is who breaks the pact first and why Neo didnt bargain with the machines to have the humans help supply them with solar power in exchange for their freedom.

There was no closure not because that makes sense to the plotline, but because the franchise needs kept alive, even though they arent doing another movie.

And finally- you know everyone in your theater said the same thing after that ridiculously long dying breath speech by Trinity.

"about damn time!!!!!!"

I give it half a star out of 5. The whole thing got way too far away from what made the first one great.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  3. Xantos

Xantos Full Access Member

I thought it was a good movie worth going to see, and will see agian...I think alot of people got caught up in wanting to know who the Merovingian was and what role he played in the previous matrix, when the stroy wasn't about him. Reason he was in Reloaded was because he had become just one of the "out of control" programs in the Matrix. And he kidnapped the "Keymaker" to prevent the one from going to the source to Reload the Matrix.

The Oracle who the Architect spoke off in Reloaded. .".. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another - an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother."

She was programed to think more like a human, which I think she began to understand the human struggle. She worked both sides, in hopes that peace could be reached between the humans and machines. In the end the Architect approached her and said, That was a dangorous game you played...And her response was basically that hey the Matrix was reloaded and now we have peace.

If you saw the Animatrix, It was humans that declared war on the machines, the machine just wanted to be accepted.....humans didn't want that an attacked them and tried to take there source of power away. The Machines went into defense/survival mode.

Smith had become a very powerful Virus (from his incouter with Neo in M1), and had the ability to copy his code on anyone, or thing in the Matrix. In this day an age we all know what virus can do to a network. The Orcale new that the machines couldn't do anything with Smith without the help of Neo. Neo used that to negotiate peace....which is what the machines wanted from the begining.

There were some key choices that Neo made the other ones didn't. In M1 he decided to go in an save Morpheus. The Oracle told him one of you will die...Neo doesn't accept that. Goes in a saves Morpheus, and defeats Smith...because he belives he can.

In Reloaded he decided to try and save Trinty instead of Reloading the Matrix. "It is interesting, reading your reactions. Your 5 predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication - a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific - vis a vis love."

There were some things that were cloudy...I think the writters wanted that..... but I do know that the Oracle saw a chance for peace between the two and manipulated Neo to gain peace.

In Reloaded the Oracle says, "We're all here to do what we're all here to do. I'm interested in one thing, Neo, the future. And believe me, I know - the only way to get there is together."

Just my 2 cents..........

4. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Excellent thoughts, Xantos. Thanks. I've been waiting for someone's take on the trilogy that didn't include the religious parallels. The only question/problem I have with your conclusions is this:

If the machines truly wanted peace, why destroy Zion? The city itself posed no threat to the machine world.

5. Hockeygirl44

Hockeygirl44 redhead member

I was disappointed with the ending. It was pretty anticlimatical. Basically the war ended with a fist fight between Neo and Smith, and not even a very good fight at that. Not what I was expecting.

6. HardHarry

I think it's odd that people are concerned with who the Merovinginian is. Doesn't Persephone pretty much come out and say that he was one of Neo's predecessors ('he was the same as you once")? Same with the Oracle's bodyguard (forget his name).

Pardon the religious refernces, but that's the name of the line of Kings from Jesus' bloodline. Neo=Jesus, Smith=Satan....

I just thought that part was obvious.

7. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

She did? I can't believe I missed that. I'll have to watch it again.

Serif (a class of angels, BTW). But I don't think Serif is a human, I'm fairly certain he's a program, like the Oracle.

"The Merovingian"? Really? I didn't know that. Interesting.

8. HardHarry

I think both of those guys are long dead in the real world, but their computer selves have been assimilated into the Matrix as programs. As Persephone points out, the Merov has "changed" since then.

9. HardHarry

By the way, everyone gets the significance of Persy, right? The name, I mean.

10. Xantos

Xantos Full Access Member

Actually Persephone stated that, "He was once like you..." Weather the means he was once "the one", or just an indiviual that actually cared/loved at some point in his life. That's up for debate.
    Now the Merovingian stated that HE has survived Neo's predecessors, and that he will survive him (Neo). Merovinginian has been around quit awhile according to the Orcale. It's leaves it open to debate. I'd look for a series of Short story books that may come out in the near future (like the Star Wars Saga) that will open alot of this up. I think that's why the Brothers wrote it that way........

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003