1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mark Fields Question

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Rick, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Rick

Rick Member

Does anyone know if MF can possibly be 100% by the beginning of next season?

2. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

Last I read he is expected to make a full recovery and be able to play for us next year. :drums: How AWSOME would that be.

3. curly

curly Full Access Member

with Fields back and a shut-down corner added, we'll have a top 2 or 3 D in the league. Maybe # 1.

4. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

Fields was two more chemos away from done and may be further along then that because that was a few weeks ago. Once he's done, it's just a matter of getting his strength back (and he hasn't looked too "weak" to me the times I've seen him - looks like he can knock a few fellows on their butts now) and getting into football shape. If he is in remission, and odds are very good he will be, there's no reason he cannot be 100%. I'd make him take it easy in early camps and not push him too much until the games matter, but honestly Fields at 80% still makes our good D instantly better. With Spoon being a year further along, Morgan (let's spend all off season praying for HEALTH) and Fields, our D could be significantly better then this year which is downright frightening.

I know a girl who was diagnosed with Hodgkins and she was "symptomatic" as in all lymph nodes HUGE and painful and she is currently in remission and doing anything and everything she did before. Mark was caught before he reached that level, so chances are good he's going to be fine.