1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

MAKE IT STOP!

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by UNCCTF, Nov 13, 2003.

1. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Go Global!!!, was pretty damn funny, Putz had to take out that prize recruit Iti so you guys could win the game.

:cool:

2. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

What's funny about it fever? It was a good coaching move by the Global coach to take out the 315 pounder who couldn't run the court, they took their big guy out first and went small and quick. Lutz just countered, and he'd do it again, and I'm sure Roy or any coach worth a damn.

From the post-game press conference: The thing we did tonight was we didn't play Martin (Iti) down the stretch because first of all Calvin was able to pull the big guy out and hit jumpshots. And then when they went small that's a tough match-up for Martin when their big guys are setting ball screens. Early it may be tough, but they've gotta be able to handle it, because that's the best chance for this team to be successful is for us to keep everybody alive and to use our depth. -- Bobby Lutz

3. UNCfever

What's even funnier is that you believe that smoke and mirror tactic and not for his guy starting 0-7 in the game.

4. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

fever, were you at the game? No, then how in the world can you comment to strategies or how players performed? Iti as well as 7 other players played over 19 minutes each.

Stick to coaching the Heels, sounds like they were sucking wind against Team Nike.

"Team Nike was playing its eighth game in less than two weeks. I think we shocked them at how hard we were coming at them at the start. Then, just when they found a second wind, we got fatigued. Our defense has a tendency to look good for a while, then get worn out quickly. We have to do a better job of maintaining our defensive intensity. We're going to spend a lot of time on conditioning drills in the next eight days.'' --Roy Williams

Now you listen UNCfever... Roy said it, so it must be the gospel!

5. UNCCTF

UNCCTF RIP Danielle

I think what people tend to be forgetting is that Carolina, this year, has about the same personnel they had last year, with the exception of uber-skinny Reyshaun Terry. Roy may be a good coach, but he can't shoot and play defense for them. Better hope Felton and McCant-read stay healthy.

Our team showed something on Wednesday night that last year's squad didn't - HEART. They fought hard and pulled out a come-from-behind win against a very worthy opponent. I was proud of em and I expect great things this season.

6. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i thought we were talking about notre dame football.

7. ezy ryder

ezy ryder =o&o>

Time to talk about something new and fresh, like UNC vs. Charlotte hoops.:suicide:

8. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

:anon:

9. UNCfever

From what I understand Iti only played 12 minutes. What was the final score of our game against Team Nike? Playing uptempo you are going to get winded, duhhh, but I guess you have never played basketball, just watched on the sidelines. :rolleyes:

10. UNCfever

Well considering May only played during the early and easy part of the schedule last year, I would pretty much count him as an addition to the team, 22pts and 16rbs worth last night, pretty darn nice addition. And the Bohlander kid has played pretty well, well actually damn well for a walk-on, but then again he was offered a scholarship to Indiana among other, but turned those down to play at UNC.

Worthy Opponent???? Global????