1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Love for GOings

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Biakabatuka looked awesome in college and didn't have an injury history, so I don't fault anyone for that pick. I might agree that we should have been more pro-active about bringing in competition, but it's more the Rashard Anderson type selections that drive me crazy.

2. Proprietor

Proprietor Family feeder

Injuries happen. He certainly did not provide a solid return for the 1st round investment, but that's not always a guy's fault.

Would've been damn nice to have had Eddie George in black & blue. Low YPC, but one of the more dependable backs of his era. Kind of guy you could give 400 carries a year, and wouldn't wear out, unlike some.

George did have a bit of a fumble problem. Would cough it up about once every 3 games. Pretty underrated receiver though.

But that ol' hindsight deal is a bitch, now ain't it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

DAmn I just realized Terry was out of the league.

OK. So before 2001, he made 1 good pick. lol.

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

He did have a fumbling problem though.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Grant's still out there, and James. Navies and Terry were, through this year, I don't know if Hannibal is playing now or not.
    McKinley was starting for the Browns, right?

6. y2b

y2b King of QC

too bad Seifert didn't put the time into getting to know his players after he drafted them...or was it he never put it in to begin with

Smitty was a lucky pick, not a stroke of genius...and Seifert never intended to make him a WR... I would however like to know who exactly scouted him and got him so high up our draft board when a lot of people thought he was a reach in the the 3rd

I got love for Goings, and all the other players on this team that were drafted during Seifert's tenure here, but I just can't get past that I think he was so unprepared on Sunday, I don't see how he was able to pull it off like he was so prepared for the draft...

Dungy's drafts aren't near as good as Mora's either

7. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

wilderbeasts. when seifert addressed the team and broke out the story about wilderbeasts I knew he was an odd guy .

I remember he/they drafted Smith to replace Bates. I was pissed until he took the opening kick for 6. Michael who?

8. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

I've often talked to my husband or others about how no one thought Smith would be more then a good ST guy. Some hated that pick, some thought it was ok but a reach for a ST guy. Who would ever have thought he'd be a league leading receiver one day?

9. y2b

y2b King of QC

Steve Smith

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    it's fun to bash Seifert for his one awful year, and I guess not undeserved in the context of what he did in that single year, but cut the fucker a little slack. What did him in was what helped do Capers in.
    Let's stop pretending the guy grew three heads and all of them were used to torment your grandmothers to death, the guy owns five rings. He gave up on us in 01, but let's not come up with things to pretend he did or didn't do.

At any rate, I think it's kinda suspect to say that Seifert never intended to make Smith a WR. It's not like he wasn't used there, but he was behind 3 vets. Two of which needed replaced, and then were replaced.