1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lost - Season III

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by mathmajors, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

I know that the writer have stated repeatedly that it is NOT purgatory. Of course they could be lying.

2. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Not alot of people believe in alot of other things, either.

How could it mean much to anybody for any reason? It's a fuckin' TV show.

about purgatory.

4. SilverSurfer

It means a lot to a lot of people. There's tons of people who would say the same thing about a football game. It's just a fucking game. Not me of course, but lots of people.

Hell I watched the 1st 48 episodes in 2 weeks. I was dreaming about that shit. I'm just glad to have something else to do in the damn summertime when there's no sports worth watching.

And by the way, it's real. :46: :46:

5. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

By the time it's over, the show's creators won't care if anyone is pissed. I mean, it'll be over.

6. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Yeah. It's purgatory. They're cashing checks.

I'd bet we'll NEVER find out what it is. More money in the mystery.

7. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

i can't help but feel that they are. the first episode was supposed to include jack dying, so you know they don't have everything sorted out.

8. Superfluous_Nut

my latest thought deals a bit with a matrix-like enduced coma... but then, that's so matrix-like i don't think you could do it with a straight face.

in terms of ripping of movie ideas:

they're all dead - 6th sense, the others, (multiple?) twilight zone episodes

they're duplicates - the presitge, the clonus horror/the island

9. Superfluous_Nut

what bothers me about the series (and what makes me think they're just making it up as they go) is that there are MAJOR themes that come and then go without any real resolution.

the forest used to be a dangerous place with that smoke monster and polar bears and all sorts of shit. now it seems totally peaceful. monsters are now just plot devices.

the drug stuff. that was such a non-starter. desmond used to inject himself daily. russeau described how sickness took her compatriots. now it seems like a total non-issue.

numbers. i realize they don't need to enter them anymore, but did those numbers suddenly vanish? they used to be on everything, everywhere. including people's histories -- did their histories change when the number machine went bye-bye?

10. SilverSurfer

Did you read this?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...-06-lost_N.htm

Not that it disproves any of your theories, but how did I miss Desmond injecting himself daily?? Are you talking about Charlie? I thought Charlie was snorting daily. Rousseau said that about her friends, but that was 16 years earlier, maybe the sickness went away. The only real "sickness" so far seems to have been fabricated by the Others, except for Ben's cancer.

I thought the smoke monster and the "Polar Bear" was the same thing, and that the smoke monster could assume different shapes, or perhaps what the person seeing it "feared" most, or was insecure about.

The numbers are lurking. Something has to have happened to Hurley's money back in the "real" world. There's going to be some number connection I think before the season ends, with 4 dying or maybe 4 others dying and 4 Losties dying. Plus don't forget "Penny" another reference to numbers, plus she's supposedly rich, another "number" reference.

I really hope they don't let us down in the next 3 weeks. But if so, we can just ignore it for the next 3 years.