1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lost - Season III

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by mathmajors, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

GOOD episode. Finally getting some fucking answers. Have to say I'm pissed it isn't ending this year. They are stretching this shit too thin.

2. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

her "saving" claire just gives her a chance to look good. altho, i don't get why her story would be that she caused the problem in the first place -- you'd think she'd have said it was an experiment run by somebody else. i mean, if you're completely lying and all.

i like that they showed her being told to make up the story. i thought it didn't make much sense that she would wake up before everybody else and be able to drag her and kate into the woods and then get back and find people still out from the gas.

i'm starting to REALLY get annoyed that nobody seems to concerned with getting answers. people have never been terribly forthcoming on the island, but lord. why doesn't jack want to talk to people about what he saw? why is nobody asking him how many there are. what kinds of technology they have. what they did all day. shit like that.

for people who have nothing to do all day, there's a startling lack of communication.

3. Superfluous_Nut

yeah, but the answers are kinda lame, tho. and they're not necessarily accurate given that juliette is the source and she's clearly lying.

4. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

no questions were answered, we only have more questions.

5. Superfluous_Nut

i think he was referring to some of the research and what they were doing with claire and why they need "new blood" (or one reson why). the answers were dumb, tho. fertility? there better be more to it than that.

ben was supposedly born on this island, so clearly it can happen (and of course, so was aaron).

"jacob can make it happen". very biblical.

how did they cure calamity jane's cancer?

6. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

It means Ben's mom was impregnated then brought to the island but died giving birth. Juliette also said that she deliberately handcuffed herself to Kate. No one made her do it. She's up to something

7. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

What happened to the mixed couple?

8. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

I also don't get her and Juliet also getting back to the Others old neighborhood and Jack and Sayid still haven't even woken up from this gas attack. Seems like they would have woken up right around the same time Kate and Juliet did.

And, I agree, it seems like to me that if Sawyer and Sayid want to find out from Juliet all these "answers" why don't they just ask Jack. He won't know everything, but he has to know how Ben manipulates and uses people and he should have been able to figure out all along that Ben manipulated Locke into destroying the sub, and what was going on when he was living there by himself. Also, Ben isn't going to just cut Jack loose with Juliet to go to the castaways and the Others with no real doctor.

The whole point of the Others is starting to annoy me. If they're only there to conduct experiments on people, and only do it on bad people, seems like they would just take over. Clearly they have the resources to do it, unless all they wanna do is observe them. There's got to be something soon that pushes interest up a notch or 2 or it's gonna just seem like a big circle.

I think Rousseau and Alex are gonna hook up soon. She clearly doesn't like Ben, unless that's some kinda trick also.

And what happened to Locke's father, the con man?

9. Superfluous_Nut

you didn't catch the end of the this week's episode? she and ben go over the plan -- she handculfs herself to kate and says she was gassed as well. if she gets caught, she admits it. the "implant" in claire has been activated and she'll be symptomatic right about the time she gets to their camp so she'll have a crisis to solve. somebody (can't remember who) will drop off the kit at ethan's old drop point.

now she's still supposedly a sympathetic character, so she's probably doing this to get off the island.

10. Superfluous_Nut

story arc ended.