1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lost - Season III

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by mathmajors, Jul 24, 2006.

1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

I would go with "House" as the best show on TV. Lost is a close second but the delays between episodes last season pissed me off.

2. Science

Science Puerto Rican of the Sea

:xyzthumbs

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Lost Production Resumes

ABC announced that production begins Aug. 7 in Hawaii on the upcoming third season of its hit SF series Lost, which returns on Oct. 4 and will air Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

ABC also offered a new synopsis of what to expect: Jack (Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lilly) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) open the season in captivity as prisoners of the Others. Just who these Others are and what they want are primary questions season three will explore.

Michael Emerson joins the regular cast in his ongoing role as Henry Gale, leader of the Others. Romance looms on the horizon as Jack's interests veer towards a mysterious new woman, whose motives may be questionable. Sun (Yunjin Kim) and Jin (Daniel Dae Kim) will continue to celebrate their pregnancy, but is the child really Jin's? Locke (Terry O'Quinn) and Sayid (Naveen Andrews) will band together with some of the other survivors and journey across the island in an attempt to free Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) will attempt to return into the good graces of Claire (Emilie de Ravin) and her baby, Aaron, but can he be trusted to stay clean and sober? The fates of Locke, Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) and Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) in the aftermath of the implosion of the hatch are answered. Will Penny Widmore find the island and her long, lost love, Desmond, and can the survivors find a way to interact with the outside world?

Meanwhile, Variety reported that Kiele Sanchez will join the cast as a woman name Nikki, who is possibly a love interest for a new character played by Rodrigo Santoro. In addition, Elizabeth Mitchell joins the cast as Juliet. [​IMG]

4. jge1968

jge1968 Full Access Member

Here is an interview with J.J. Abrams there is an interesting thing or two in it:

5. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

interesting. abrams did the title for lost? no wonder it has a glitch. it's always bothered me that there's some sketchy anti-aliasing going on there....

6. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

I find myself a little disappointed because I was all crazed about the show returning to air last year at this time, now, I don't really care. I'll watch it again in hopes of it rekindling my interest but I don't have high hopes.

7. flipphone

flipphone Full Access Member

13 week break?...blows

8. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Lost Secrets Revealed Online

Fans of ABC's hit SF series Lost who played this summer's alternate-reality game The Lost Experience got a big payoff if they stuck with it: the secret to Hurley's numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42) and revelations about the Dharma Initiative and the Hanso Foundation. The answers, which were reported by TV Guide, can be found in a video detailing the elaborate backstory to the show, which has been posted in its entirety on YouTube.com.

The numbers represent the Valenzetti Equation, a mathematical formula having to do with the timetable for humanity's extinction. The show's sinister Dharma Initiative was an effort by the mysterious Hanso Foundation to ward off that inevitability. When Dharma failed, Hanso's nefarious acting leader, Thomas Mittelwerk, set in motion a plan to release a virus that would kill 30 percent of the world's population.

Details of the game's various threads can be found on the Lost Experience blog.

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Lost Is A Moving Target

Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis, co-executive producers of ABC's hit SF series Lost, told SCI FI Wire that they can't reveal secrets about the upcoming third season, but allowed that things will head in a different direction. If last year was the Year of the Hatch, "you might think of season three as the mystery of who the Others are," Horowitz said in an interview.

Michael Emerson, who played the mysterious Henry Gale, returns this season, along with several other characters from previous seasons, including some of the deceased characters. "Just because you're dead doesn't mean your story is over," Horowitz said with a laugh.

Kitsis added: "We think we're going to blow some minds this year."

The first six episodes of Lost will air starting next month, after which the show will take a 13-week break. The first self-contained pod of episodes constitutes a mini-season, which Horowitz said he hopes will get people excited about Lost's return in February. At that point the series will run straight through without reruns.

The producers consider themselves fans of the show who just got lucky enough to end up writing it. "As writers we come in every day ready to play," Kitsis said. "We don't take a day off. To us, Lost isn't a job. It's a lifestyle. It's a way of life. It's almost like we forget. You go to the newsstand, and you see it in Newsweek or in TV Guide, and you're like, 'Oh, right. It goes out.' We're just guys. We're just people that sit in [a] room and come up with stuff, and then it's like you forget that everyone sees it."

Horowitz added: "What's surprising to me is that the show can somehow still manage to be surprising, at least from our perspective."

"Lost is a moving target," Kitsis said. "It's always changing. It's always surprising, and it's always moving forward."

The moving target hasn't been harmed by continuing storylines that have derailed other shows. Kitsis and Horowitz admitted that DVDs and TiVos have helped people keep up. "We want to write Lost for as many people who want to watch it as possible," Horowitz said. "And obviously make it as accessible to as many people as possible. But also we want to reward any fan who has been there from the beginning, ... to sort of reward the longtime viewer in interesting and new ways." Lost returns Oct. 4 and airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. —Kathie Huddleston [​IMG]

10. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Thanks for the post. I love this show. Can't wait for the season to start.