1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lost - Season III

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by mathmajors, Jul 24, 2006.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

nope. her husband was the guy from firefly.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

so, ben really does have a tumor. and who is justin? seems to be the real guy calling the shots.

good episode.

3. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

maybe he really does. he certainly thinks he does.

i don't get the whole "you need to operate on him, then kill him" angle. at least, not the way it was presented to jack. i could see the chick presenting it as tho by operating, jack would be saving himself and his friends and also eliminating the bad guy, but she didn't seem to play up the "save yourself" angle. instead, she was basically talking about how jack could help her kill ben. but ben's gonna die anyway, so why bother killing him... unless he doesn't actually have the tumor and jack is supposed to play along and kill him. not sure how you fake that xray tho, particularly with a spinal surgeon as the foil.

kate's husband... in the first (second?) season, didn't kate refer to that little plane as belonging to the only man she ever loved and that she killed him? that was the dude from her childhood, right? the doctor guy who died in the car wreck when they were trying to get away... guess her husband didn't really measure up. those tickets he had were oceana tickets. i thought we'd see her exchanging them for tickets to australia, but maybe the timing isn't right.

what was up with alex? and why did ben specifically mention her right before surgery? that seemed important.

is it just me, or have the numbers lost significance now that they're not being entered every couple hours? it used to be that episodes had all sorts of references to the numbers, but i didn't catch any this season.

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I thought that hatch got blowed up.

And I could see why Julliette would want Jack to kill Ben if time was an issue. Maybe she can't wait for him to die.

5. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Yeah...it's not him. He looks a LOT like ETHAN from the first season.

6. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Yep...hatch is gone. No numbers to enter.

Remember the guy in the mystery hatch with the eyepatch? They acted like this'd be a big deal. Then it wasn't mentioned.

Personally I'm starting to lose a bit of interest. I think it's time to start wrapping this up and giving us some REAL answers.

7. Ice Man

Ice Man Full Access Member

The Lost game that was played over the summer solved the numbers mystery. They are the numbers that are suppose to indicate when mankind will cease to exist or something like that, and the Daharma group was set up to change the numbers. Go to You Tube and do a search, I know there is a video that has compiled all the clips from the internet that relate to the numbers.

8. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

I saw the clip on Youtube...forgot all about that.

9. Superfluous_Nut

i was talking about how the number showed up everywhere, not that they need to be entered. now that they don't (cuz the hatch is gone) all the number coincidences (pretty much anytime a number appears it's one of "the" numbers) seem to have vanished. we were getting hit over the head with them pretty serious last season.

yeah, maybe there's a time element involved with ben... not sure how or why, but anything's possible in this show.

10. Superfluous_Nut

fucking stupid. maybe sun and jin won't show up again in the show and we can read a book about what happens to them... we could watch the cartoon that tells us all about libby's miraculous rebirth and continued romance with a goateed hurley pulled from a parallel dimension. that'd be awesome.

this is what makes me think the series is just meandering and has no true direction -- they're obviously writing based on ratings/feedback/ancillary issues and not based on some grand scheme. are the numbers suddenly unimportant enough to write them off as a side project? if lost couldn't support a web game, then i'm sure the numbers mystery would be folded into the show and we'd have a different island.

i agree with freakshow, i need to see some answers that make sense or i'm going to think it simply never will make any sense. i'm not interested in watching something that's just random shit happening to people every week.