1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lost - Season III

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by mathmajors, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Ice Man

Ice Man Full Access Member

No offense but the producers have said time and again that they are not in purgatory. I think that if it was purgatory you would really disappoint many of the fans because not everyone believes in purgatory so it would have no real meaning to a lot of fans. And if you say Michael went to heaven, what will be your explaination if he reappears in 07? How do you explain the outside world seeing the effects of the blast that happened at the end of season 2?

Many people have different views of heaven and hell and how you get there, so I think a popular show such as Lost adhering to one view (Catholic mainly) would be a poor direction for a network show to follow.

2. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Agreed. He was one of my favorite characters, and I was really looking forward to seeing how they were going to develop him. That sucks.

3. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Locke. He's the next most spiritual guy on the island.

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I know. They're lying.

5. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

the thing is, the first idea everybody has when watching the show is "they're all dead and they don't know it." it's like every fifth episode of the twilight zone and a handful of major motion pictures. if that's really what's going on here, then there's going to be loads of disappointed people. the dead thing is just too cliche. the only thing worse would be to have it all be a dream.

and the idea that they're all dead doesn't address the myriad interconnections they all have unless their personal histories have all been "altered" by the experience of dying. and if their histories aren't their true histories, then the idea that their histories are revealing something about their current situation has no foundation.

6. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Meat...are you forgetting Desmond's ex? Apparently she had some people monitoring that part of the world and they picked up a reading when the magnet went apeshit...

They are still alive...on earth...

7. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I'm not forgetting anything.

It's purgatory.

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Jack's prior good deeds were all motivated by selfishness? Time and time again he has risked his life to save other people on the island. He saved lives at his job as a doctor. He ratted out his own dad to save lives. I really can not see how he would have anything left to prove, unless there is some big dark secret yet to be revealed.

I can see the point on Ecko. He decided that he never needed to repent of his sins so they sent him to hell. That is awfully straight forward for this show though. The smoke monster actually killing someone on screen is kind of over the top too.

9. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

That was a good episode. See ya in 3 months Lost :bs:

10. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

It WAS good. Did Kate's old husband...wasn't he the guy Ben sent to the tailend of the plane to infiltrate? Pretty sure he was.