1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lost - Season III

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by mathmajors, Jul 24, 2006.

1. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Oct. 4!!!!

The producers of ABC's hit Lost revealed hints about the upcoming third season in interviews with SCI FI Wire, including that series co-creator J.J. Abrams will co-write the season premiere episode "A Tale of Two Cities" and direct one later in the season.

Among the revelations to come: Viewers will learn more about Desmond and Penny, why Locke was paralyzed, why Libby was in the asylum, and why the island has healing powers. And Kate (Evangeline Lilly) will finally "get with someone" on the island in the first six episodes of the season, executive producer and co-creator Damon Lindelof said at Comic-Con International in San Diego on July 22. Overall, Lindelof said, the series will feature more action and adventure, taking the series into a new direction that will focus more on the Others. The first six episodes will act as a sort of miniseries to wrap up many of the issues raised in the season finale, while leading to a cliffhanger for the second half of the season, Cuse said.

Meanwhile, Lost actors Jorge Garcia (Hurley) and Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) and producers Lindelof, Carlton Cuse and Bryan Burk spoke to an audience of thousands—and also took part in a bit of live theater designed to further the alternate-reality game The Lost Experience.

During the fan question-and-answer session, a woman identifying herself as "Rachel Blake" accosted the panelists. "Have you no shame?" she asked before leveling accusations that producers were somehow shielding the nefarious Hanso Foundation, a fictitious group that figures in the storylines of both the show and the game.

"The Hanso Foundation is a philanthropic organization that we have co-opted for the purposes of Lost, and we stuck it at the end of the orientation film, because we thought it would be fun," Lindelof responded as the audience, apparently in on the joke, laughed with approval.

"Those films are real. We deserve the truth," "Blake" said. She added: "Alvar Hanso is real, and I have ... proof of that, and my name is Rachel Blake, and I am real. And if you'd like the truth, you'll go to HansoExposed.com. You have blood on your hands, you have blood on your hands, you have blood on your hands, and you disgust me. You disgust me." She was then led from the room by security personnel.

The producers also screened a preview of a Lost Diaries "mobisode," or two-minute mobile phone episode, as well as background videos from the upcoming second-season DVD set.

Lost returns with six new episodes on Oct. 4, where it will air Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, before taking a 13-week break. Abrams will direct the seventh episode of the season, Lindelof added. —Patrick Lee, News Editor

2. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

wtf? that doesn't seem like the best way to keep viewers.

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Yeah I saw that. The homer in me thinks it will be OK if they promote it enough so nobody will waste their time in the interim.

4. mr.catz

mr.catz WTF?

they are doing this because so many people complained about all the reruns in between every few new episodes. after the 13 week break, from what i have read about it, there will be no reruns or breaks from ep.7 to the end of the season. but man that 13 week break is going to suck.

5. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

hrm.

it'd better be incredible out of the gate. if we start feeling like it's a wild-goose chase, then it will lose viewers.

6. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

the wild goose chase is what keeps me watching.

7. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i like the chase, but if we get the feeling that the producers/writers don't even know where it's heading and they're just spinning their wheels...

8. Ice Man

Ice Man Full Access Member

From what I've heard one of the reasons they are doing this is because of production problems. Not sure what they entails but it's what I've read on the web. Maybe due to weather in Hawaii?

9. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Best show on TV. Period. I'd prefer a delayed start as opposed to the 13 week break. Like 24. Season 2 should be on DVD on Sept. 7. Gonna buy it and watch it over a few days like I did Season 1.

Can't wait!

10. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

yeah, i didn't start watching lost until season 2 was already out. my mother in law got the dvd set of season 1 and we borrowed it. watched them all over the course of a week or two. very nice way to watch. then we got the first 10 or so episodes of season 2 on the net and watched them as well. then we had to wait for the next few to air and it sucked having to wait.