1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Local Money League draft order set

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Forum' started by PantherPaul, Aug 16, 2007.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

10th in a 12 team league. Snakes back so I get 10 and then 15. Ideas who would be there? I am almost tempted to take Steve Smith if there at 15 and best available RB at 10. Question is who is the best value at 10? Manning may be there? I want no part of Clinton Portis, or Cadillac. They fucked me royally last year

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

The top of the second round is not ideal from my perspective. QB would depend on the format, but I took Manning 12th in a 10 team league. I don't think I'd go Palmer or Brady quite that early. You might just have to suck it up and take the best remaining RB. I don't feel great about any of the WRs.

3. PantherPaul

So back to back RB's? What RB can you see there?
    1. Ronnie Brown? Shit line
    2. Willis McGehee? Not so sure
    3. Brian Westbrook? Seems high

4. PantherPaul

If I could get a combination of Addai, Westbrook I'd be thrilled

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I like Henry a lot, but I would take him at #10 and not take the chance that he might not be there for the second pick. Westbrook is worth it and then some if he's healthy, but that's obviously a risk. McGahee is the guy I like best of the ones you mentioned, although it would be nice to see what Ronnie Brown could do in a good offense. Their QB situation scares me even more than the line, though.

6. PantherPaul

Henry at 10? Phew that seems a little high. I was hoping to take him with my 3rd maybe if I went WR or QB in the second. I will get either Addai, McGehee or Westbrook in the first and then rank the best available after that for 2.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, #10 is not too high for Henry. I actually have him as the 4th best player in the draft and I'm not entirely sure that he shouldn't be above Larry Johnson at 3rd. Remember, fantasy football is not about what guys did last year, it's about what they'll do this year. The Broncos' rushing offense has continued to rank in the top 10 for nearly a decade, with most of those years in the top 3. Henry wasn't brought in to split time with Mike Bell, he was brought in to finally fill that Terrell Davis role as a one cut dominator. Now the one concern is that Henry has had some injury issues in the past, but if you're thinking about Westbrook then you have to be willing to overlook that for Henry too.

There is absolutely zero chance of Henry making it to the third round unless you are playing in a league of idiots.

This varies a little based on the scoring system, but I have the RBs ranked as follows:

1) L. Tomlinson
    2) S. Jackson
    3) L. Johnson
    4) T. Henry
    5) J. Addai
    6) S. Alexander
    7) B. Westbrook
    8) W. McGahee
    9) L. Maroney
    10) F. Gore
    11) T. Jones
    12) R. Johnson
    13) R. Bush
    14) W. Parker
    15) R. Brown
    16) A. Peterson
    17) C. Benson
    18) E. James
    19) A. Green
    20) C. Portis
    21) M. Drew
    22) D. McAllister
    23) M. Lynch
    24) C. Williams
    25) F. Taylor

And for clarification, I don't have a ton of value difference from 7 to 18, so you can pick whichever one you feel best about from that group. All have some question marks and all have the potential for big numbers.

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Asked this in another thread, but is the money league full? If not, count me in.