1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Living and dying by your guy

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jan 11, 2009.

1. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

3. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

The really sad think is I think they saw Carr as a legit challenger, and those ridiculous 4th rounders they've invested in QBs (Fasani and the short guy) as potential legit challengers. If you have no capability to evaluate QBs, then its a real hard thing to do.

3rd or 4th round QBs can become legits challengers, but not if you reach for a guy who doesnt really project to be an NFL QB at all.

6. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

I think we stick with Jake next year, but draft a top qb in the draft. I hate how everyone wants Jake gone. Be honest with yourself, apart from last night, he has been damn good in the postseason. He is 34 and it's time to start looking towards the future, but I like Jake as the qb of the carolina panthers.

7. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Well, they were looking hard at Matt Ryan last year. I think Fox and Hurney may be wanting to push Jake out more than we realize.

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

LRBaseballer, you believe at ANY POINT Jake has been damn good,,,, and your telling us to "be honest with ourselves" ???

:russian:

Black&Blue, they do have a difficult job, because you gotta be careful when dealing with your quarterback. Outside a trade, I just don't know our options right now.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  9. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Yes, he did. He also did in the SuperBowl, until we knocked both their S's out of the game, and they were replaced with street guys. Its easier to play QB when the other team essentially has no secondary. The Pats were short on Ss coming in, I think, and their CBs were bad. Houston had also installed a new turf, and the DBs from both teams kept falling down when they turned to cover. The D also won the Philly game. Our O didnt do much that game.

He did do well in the St L game, the X Clown game. Can't remember the Dallas game, or the Chicago game in 2005.

10. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Sometimes, you just have what you have. You can always bring another guy in, but he'll have to learn the offense, get comfortable with the team, and there's always the chance that he could get pushed in before he's ready and be awful. That's kind of the lesson that I learned with the David Carr deal.