1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Living and dying by your guy

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jan 11, 2009.

1. 44Magnum

44Magnum Full Access Member

2. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

That's pretty good stuff right there.

3. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

Jake threw 17 INT's in 17 games this year.

In "Jake" fashion, 12 of them were in 3 games (1st TB, Oak, Playoff), and 5 of them were in the other 14 games. He throws INT's in clusters, and then will go multiple games without throwing any.

He had 10 games this year where he threw no INT's......

just food for thought...oh, and his two WORST games came after bye weeks.

4. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

While winning more playoff games than losing looks good on paper, it doesn't mean much if you blowup somewhere along the way in the playoffs and don't win the Superbowl.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Maybe I didnt make myself clear,,,,,,, the Panthers have had very good talent IN THE PAST few years, we had numerous players who had career years the year we went to the Super Bowl,,,,,,, and yes we have great talent this year. For anyone to say Jake is 5-2, 5-3, whatever, is simply not giving other players they're due.

Fact is, this team has won games in the past, IN SPITE OF Jake. You know that.

6. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

That goes along with his playoff performances as well, really nothing new there.

7. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

i understood your post, not sure what paladin was reading.

8. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

It's a massive stretch to say we won in spite of Jake.

In 14 of our games he threw 5 INT's and had 10 INT-free games. Did we win those in spite of him? His passer rating for the year was 84.7 in the middle of the pack and ahead of media darling Flacco, and statistically within the same strata as McNabb, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler...

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Paul, just cling to his numbers if it makes you feel good, every single national announcer always mentions that "Jake is good for Fox's system because he don't care about numbers". That is a nice way of them saying he don't have very good numbers.

And to be truthful about his numbers, he can thank Smitty and Moose for a lot of those completions. Fact is, many of his completions are either under-thrown or off target,,,,, and if they had been good passes they may have went for touchdowns (ex: Moose long reception vs.Giants, Smitty long reception vs.NOrleans) just 2 recent ones that jump off top of my head.

10. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Jake had a horrible game, and while I'm not apologizing for him, we really need to fix the fucking defense. In our last seven games, we gave up 45, 31, 23, 10, 34, 31, and 33. The Denver game was an exception and we did ok last night in spite of the turnovers, but to me, the collapse of the defense was the most disturbing aspect of our team this year.