1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Living and dying by your guy

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jan 11, 2009.

1. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I never said that Bojangles still likes him. :no:

2. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I gotta think they stick with him. Hurney always talk about not panicking and making drastic changes.

That's how they roll. They'll live and die by their guy.

3. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

I think what set the tone was the play calling on each teams second possession The Panthers had 3rd and 3 and pounded it up the middle then punted. The Cardnails had 3rd and 1 and threw a 51 yard pass. Changed the game right there. They were playing to win and the Panthers were playing not to lose

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

none of the local media thinks they'll replace jake.....

http://carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=995

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plc...TimeStampAscending&sid=pluck.heraldonline.com

Jake's teammates seem to love him.

It's tough. I see the need for improvement, and with the rare and exceptional play of Ryan and Flacco, the copy cat league will expect next year's rookies to lead teams to the promised land.

I still don't think there are 100 guys who could do what Jake does ( I wish I did ). I definitely don't think Hurfox will change the QB after going 12-4.

5. JJT

JJT Full Access Member

It wouldn't surprise me to see a quarterback who threw 5 interceptions and lost a fumble in an NFC Divisional Playoff game get fired.

But that's not the way Richardson/Fox/Hurney do things.

They might, though, put Jake's job up for competition at camp. After all, he is 34.

They'll be keeping a close eye on him at the offseason workouts or whatever it is they do until July.

6. reb

reb 1riot1reb

The Panthers need a QB that can come in when the starter is in full FAIL mode. Five interseptions and a fumble, fuck that shit. Two INT's would have put DelHomo on the bench on my team.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Believe me, I'm doing my absolute best to avoid the "I told you so" shit for the next few days if not weeks, but seriously, how can you doubt anything I say about quarterbacks now? How much do you need to see before you figure out that I know what I'm talking about?

And no, Fox won't make a change. He won't even let Hurney bring in a legitimate challenger. They might bring in a third or fourth round rookie so they can say they're addressing the future without creating a controversy if Jake has more bad games. Fox is always years late in making a change at any position.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  8. KillerKlown

KillerKlown Junior Member

I dont know if they will replace Jake, but they need to find a playoff QB. Didnt he have the same kinda day a couple of yrs ago against the Seahawks? He chokes in the big games it seems. If I heard it right last night he had 4 int's against the Seahawks and now 5 last night. WTF. What ever happened to Stephon Leflore (spelling) he was one of the best rated QB's that came outta college a few years ago. They never really gave that guy a chance.

9. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

See Foster, Deshawn for Davis, Stephen pp 291-299
    See Williams, Deangelo for Foster, Deshawn, pp 304-311
    See ???, ??? for Delhomme, Jake. Article still in press.

10. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

and like all highly rated college QBs he went in the 4th round.