1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Living and dying by your guy

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

Maybe we should just hire Joe Montana. He has a great playoff record.

You forget what jake has done lately; 8 INTs in the last 2 playoff games.

2. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

well, in his defense, at least in the seattle game we had NOTHING.

this week jake blew it. i still think people are overly critical, but at 34 we need to be getting something in place.

have i mentioned how dissappointed i was that matt moore sucked so much ass in the preseason?

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's not ridiculous at all, but I wasn't talking about bringing McCown into the game. I'm saying that it's been obvious for years that Delhomme is prone to stupidity and that we could upgrade at the quarterback position. There's no excuse for not trying, but that's Fox's modus operandi.

4. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Yinzer did it back in '05. Twice, in fact.

I don't have a link. I think he deleted the posts.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    these three things, yes.

6. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

He's gonna cut you up.

7. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Full Access Member

Active QB's in the NFL who have started 50 games that have a better winning percentage than Delhomme:

Brady 80% (There is only 1 Brady in the NFL and he is in his own league)
    Big Ben 69%
    P Manning 65%
    McNabb 62%
    Delhomme 61%

IMOP this stat means more than any other. It means when this guy plays, we win. I'd rather have a guy that can win games.

So in my whacky world, Jake is the 5th best QB in the league based on winning %. Enjoy.

:lurk5:

8. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

lol

9. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

I agree, except about the 5th best. By numbers yes he is, but overall straight to it I give him between 40-60 out of 100% of QB's. He wins games, then blows some. But either or, I would rather have him then some QBs in the game. He may not be great, by any means. But he steps up 90% of the time when we need him. He has one of the most impressive records of comebacks, even by more then 10 points. Love him or hate him, I fall in between, he's your QB, and he's supported impressive numbers, and 'DA' mistakes, but either way, he's still got the numbers and a 12-5 record behind him this year. I bash Delhomme as does anyone else in this world. But I will say, that he comes through 90% of the time when you need him, and he's exciting to watch. Whether it's happy exciting or frustrated. The emotion you guys talk about, I love that, I'm a fiery guy myself. I see where he gets the emotion. He throws his arms in the air and everything else. But he never once degrades a team mate. He keeps his name out of the negative side of publicity unlike some in this league.

I apologize for the long winded and somewhat repetitive post. But my point is that Jake, love or hate, is exciting IMO to watch. I know this post will piss some off and be semi controversial. Im not a JD supporter by any means either. But when it comes down to it. He's a gun slinger, and he's a competitor. And he never gives up. And just that alone I'd rather have him then 75% of the QB's. And like someone said earlier, just pray and thank god we're not Lion fans....

10. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

I'd say the word is infuriating. It's like he has a blindfold on until he gets to the back of his drop, it comes off, and then he has to try to find a receiver based only on what he sees then. Maybe its the offense but I'm always yelling at the tv for him to throw it.