1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Living and dying by your guy

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

He's one of the 100 who could do as well as Jake, but I don't see him as a definite upgrade. Delhomme, McCown, and Moore are all signed for 2009 anyway, so I doubt we'll see anything more than token competition for the third spot.

2. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

Yeah, accusing y'all of "the answer" was overstated....you're right. I am interested in seeing him compete for the job, but have no high hopes.

3. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

Your right, he's years late making changes, especially since we went from like 2-14 to about 8-8 to 10-6 or so since he got here. Wayyyyy to late......

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

2 rec. 15 yds.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

People who have been discussing the Panthers for more than two days know what I'm talking about. Go read some old threads and try to catch up.

6. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Bottom line-Delhomme is the guy in 2009. His performance will make the FO keep an eye peeled for QB's (either FA or draft), as they look for Jake's successor. He turned 34 Saturday. He's on the back nine of his career, and that is why they'll start looking. Not because of his game v. AZ

Every Panther's signature is on the loss. players and coaches alike.

7. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

7-9

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Float that bullshit somewhere else. No one outside of the Carolinas seems to have any problem acknowledging the fact that Jake Delhomme lost that game.

Peter King: "Goat of the Week: Jake Delhomme, QB, Carolina. Has any quarterback had a worse playoff game than Delhomme's five-interception, one-lost-fumble disaster Saturday night against Arizona? Unlikely."

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

you can't be serious. Jake played his part in it (the one everyone remembers because he's the QB).

I didn't realize Jake was also supposed to be covering Fitzgerald. He was also supposed to be calling his own plays, and abandoning the run in the 2nd qtr. He also kicked it out of bounds after the touchdown.

I'm not saying Jake didn't suck ass, because he did. Every player and coach was horrible Saturday night. As a guy who knows as much about the game as you do, if you don't call it like you see it, you're a fraud.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Solarte, because you've been sensitive to my insults in the past and you're a generally good guy, I'm going to give you one post to shut the fuck up (or correct yourself if you actually see the light) before I respond the way I normally would. I actually started to write out some of my normal viciousness but decided I'd give you a chance to redeem yourself.

To say that Jake "played his part" and that "everyone remembers because he's the QB" is so unbelievably dumb that it boggles the mind. Maybe you're friends with Jake. Maybe you feel that you need to kiss his ass to maintain access. I don't know. What's obvious, however, is that Jake's performance was one of the worst for any quarterback in NFL playoff history. Multiple figures in the national media have said that, so to pretend that he was just a part of the loss or that people are unfairly blaming him because he's the quarterback is beyond idiocy. Delhomme committed six turnovers, and all six were a result of stupid decisions by him, not great plays by the defense. He gave his team absolutely no chance to win, as he said himself.

I've been critical of Fox's stubbornness in sticking with his generic defense, but Fitzgerald only accounted for 166 yards and one touchdown. We didn't lose because Arizona got Fitzgerald matched up against Beason, Marshall, and Chris Harris. It didn't help, and it certainly made the score worse, but the Cardinals could have played without Fitzgerald in the lineup at all and still won easily if Jake committed six turnovers. You know that, so stop letting your emotions lead you to say stupid things.

Quit with the "abandoning the run" idiocy, especially since I've already provided proof against that notion in multiple threads. Davidson continued to run the ball long after most OCs would have given up. We only had seven total offensive plays in the second quarter, while most of the second and third downs were long yardage situations. Plus when a defense is putting eight men in the box, you're supposed to be able to pass effectively when you have a wide receiver like Steve Smith. There was nothing whatsoever wrong with Davidson's play-calling against Arizona. You know that I've been critical of him in the past and you know that I am vastly more knowledgeable about football than you are, so do yourself a favor and take my word on that.

No, they weren't. Again, stop letting your emotions lead you to say incredibly stupid things. Richard Marshall was the only other player who had a horrible game. Fox & Trgovac made a bad decision not to shadow Fitzgerald. Jake Delhomme had one of the worst games of any quarterback in NFL playoff history. Stop trying to downplay the significance of that just because you like the guy. The only thing that's doing is to make you look like a kissass with no credibility.

I'm confused. Are you saying right there that you know as much about the game as I do?