1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lions fan can probably pick better than hurney did.

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Shameless, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Shameless

Shameless Banned Member

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

If the fans were in charge of the panthers draft they would've done dumb shit like take Chris Leak in the 1st round.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, I wouldn't be a proponent of that at all. All I want is more competent ownership that holds GMs accountable and doesn't wait years too late to get rid of the bad ones.

4. King o' Farts

King o' Farts Full Access Member

At what point do you begin to entertain the thought that Jerry does hold the GMs accountable and they are doing things exactly as he wants?

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I've already proven by looking at Richardson's business history that he doesn't hold people accountable, unless you plan to tell me that he wanted Denny's to not serve black people.

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

More and more people are coming out and hinting that they believe JR was behind some stuff. Yas the other day, someone else I can't remember, recently. Unless Hurney or JR speak on the subject, no one will be able to say anything with certainty but you know what I think. And I know what you think.

7. King o' Farts

King o' Farts Full Access Member

You haven't proven anything. You simply formed an opinion based on a very targeted review of events in his business history.

For the record, I stopped at a few Denny's during the period and overall, their service SUCKED. Extremely slow for everybody, but a complaint from a 30 YO white male doesn't get near the publicity.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

You pretend that I didn't prove anything because you're a bitter nobody who wishes someone like me wasn't as correct as I almost always am. The facts have been presented. JR doesn't hold his inner circle accountable, instead insulating them from criticism and judgment whenever possible.

Actually the most recent news dealt with JR firing Hurney because Richardson had been adamantly against hiring Rivera as the head coach. If JR was against the idea of hiring Rivera, then obviously the notion that Hurney just does what JR tells him is ludicrous. Meanwhile we already knew that the idea of JR being behind insane contracts was ludicrous, along with trading draft picks and the assorted other nonsense that Marty did to cripple this franchise. Why some people insist on pretending that Hurney was just JR's scapegoat is beyond me, especially since it's such a completely idiotic notion forwarded by people who otherwise aren't idiots.

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I don't think JR looked over Hurney's shoulder as he was writing contracts and told him what to put in them. I do think that Hurney was instructed to get a deal done with certain guys. On the draft, I don't think JR said draft Armanti but I do think he said draft Cam.

I don't really care to split hairs and argue over something that is in the rearview and means little going forward, so I'm out of this.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

If JR didn't want Rivera and Rivera got hired, then JR obviously never overruled Hurney on anything. Now we don't actually know that JR was opposed to Rivera. That was reported, but lots of stuff gets reported. Do I think that JR said "I think we should draft Newton" or "I would like to sign Jordan Gross"? Sure, but if that report is to be believed then Hurney was always free to do whatever he wanted. Furthermore, the idea that JR had anything to do with the amount Beason, Gross, Davis, Gamble, Delhomme, Williams, Stewart, or Godfrey received is clearly absurd. Why people continue to pretend that wasn't 100% on Hurney is beyond me.