1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legit Question for Bosox fans

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by hootie, Oct 27, 2004.

1. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

I have a buddy who is from Boston and a huge sports fan. He told me that he would trade every title the Celtics, Pats or Bruins ever won for a Bosox title.

Is this true? I find it hard to believe, but he said lots of Bostonians feel that way, especially the older ones.

Just curious.

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I am not from Boston, so I can’t speak for them. However, I have been a Red Sox fan for my whole life. But I can see the whole point. True Sox fans are sick of hearing about that stupid curse. We are tired of having a loyal base of fans who REALLY care about the team and an ownership group that didn’t. We are sick of building flawed teams where the players seem more interested in getting personal stats than in winning. We are sick of not having a GM who understands that pitching and defense wins championships. And we are sick of hearing all of these things are tied to Babe Ruth leaving. Most of all though, I am sick of those Sox fans that make this an issue as some sort of pathetic way to draw attention to themselves.

Would I give up the Championships my other favorite teams have one to do it? I don’t know.

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I'm originally from New England and started going to Sox games with my grandfather when I was six. In the 33 years since then, I think there have been maybe five years that I haven't made it to Fenway. As a fan of sports, there isn't anything I've ever wanted more than a Sox series win. it's been that way for as long as I remember. The only other sport I give a shit about is football and the Vikings haven't won a title that I could trade for a Sox world championship.

(I would trade one of Eric heiden's speedskating gold medals for an A-10 women's lacrosse title for St. Bona's)

4. Peeps

Peeps Registered Offender

Im originally from New England, so I talk like a retard and blow altar boys. It's not so much whether we win or lose, it's talking about our teams so damn much that we slowly convince the rest of the US that we are the center of the sporting universe. It seems to be working.

5. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Is that buddy a fucking retard? Is your buddy's name Isiah Thomas?

Otherwise, the answer is...no, not so much.

6. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

I've read Dan Shaunessy's "Curse" book 50 times. I'm still numb from tonight. I lived in Boston til I was 5, and 30 minutes away in New Hampshire til I was 15. Would I trade all those great Celtic memories of the 80s for the Sox to win? No.

Now I guess the Bruins (if hockey ever comes back) are the "long sufferers" in the HUb. The Celtics are going on 18 years, not much better.

7. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I'd have guessed that you blow altar boys whether you were from New England, the Midwest or the Deep South. Either way, it's wrong and you should stop.

8. hootie

I don't know if they blow altar boys or not, but most are arrogant fucks. At least the 5 or 6 I've met.

Oh well, they win so we have to listen to them for 6 months. Credit where credit is due, they punked the Cards and the Yanks 8 in a row. The last six, the outcome wasn't in much question.

9. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

6 months? I have bad news for you ....

10. hootie

My bad, no shit....