1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Leftwich or Palmer

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Feb 14, 2003.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Leftwich hurt his shin mid way in the season and it got progressively worse through the year. That carrying him was on a Thursday night televised game. Gutty player that his team mates rally around. A very good leader. I just feel that the difference between Palmer and Leftwich is nominal and the trading up to get Leftwch would be cheaper salary wise as well as picks given up

2. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

Na, Leafs problem was all mental. Leaf had all the talent you could ever want he just couldn't handle it in his head.

You're not gonna find a warrior and leader like Leftwich very often. Reminds me a lot of McNabb in that regard. He will play in a wheel chair if thats what it takes to win.

The game is NEVER over with Leftwich in there. Ask ECU about that. That GMAC bowl was incredible - Lefty's final stats in that one - 576 yards and four touchdowns and 1 rush TD. Mar - 64 ECU - 61.

3. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

He took sort of a freak shot from an Akron player while throwing a pass. As best I can remember the Akron player dove over top of a Marshall lineman and - before he landed - hit Leftwich right below the knee on the top of the shin. No one ever said EXACTLY what was hurt to the best of my recollection. I guess that is what bugs everyone. The injury was late first quarter/early second. He went to the locker room and returned after halftime, but the damage was done and they lost that Akron game.

Also, most of those carrying shots were in the Akron game, not in the Thursday night game they played. The games televised after his injury were the Miami Ohio game and the MAC Championship against Toledo. He basically played those games from the pocket as a cripple. I would've run 15 men at him if I were an opposing DC.

4. TOTALPACKAGE

TOTALPACKAGE VOODOO MEMBER

How did you figure out that I was really Carson Palmer?

Now that the "Cat's" out of the bag, I sure hope the Panthers trade up, I really don't want to go to Cincinatti!
    :cool:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2003
  5. y2b

y2b King of QC

Palmer is the only QB I would take in the 1st, and i would trade the draft to do it.

6. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

I am going to hold on my final answer until the combine/personal workout reports are in.
    Right now I'd take Palmer over Leftwich...then again, I'd rather wait til later and take "The Round Mound of Touchdown". He's the only Mid-Late rounder I can see as having the tools to play anytime soon.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Lorenzen's not in this draft.
    I'd take him if he were, but I'm not taking anybody in the second day with hopes that he's the guy. Everybody's gotta earn their starts but second day prospects have that much extra to make up.

8. y2b

y2b King of QC

It's not always just about the tools. If all the QB's in the draft had the same talent, Palmer is still head and shoulders above the rest.

If you can catch an interview of him, or find one on the internet, you could see more of what I mean. Don't just watch him play, listen to him talk. He's the real deal, inside & out.

Forget this bargin shopping, we need to go get this guy. Just how good do you want the Panthers to be?

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I know you're all about Palmer, y2, but Leftwich's got better intangibles.

10. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

>> If you can catch an interview of him, or find one on the internet, you could see more of what I mean. Don't just watch him play, listen to him talk. He's the real deal, inside & out.

lots of guys can talk the game, i wouldn't be betting my future on that