1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lane's prison term shrinks

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Dukesuckgounc, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

Posted on Sat, Jun. 25, 2005

R E L A T E D C O N T E N T

Deidra Lane

Lane's prison term shrinks

Gets credit for almost 3 years of jail time

GARY L. WRIGHT

Staff Writer

Deidra Lane, who five years ago killed her estranged husband, former Carolina Panthers player Fred Lane, could get out of prison in less than four years.

The 30-year-old mother of two children, who shot her husband in the chest and head with a 12-gauge, pump-action shotgun, has been given credit for the nearly three years she spent in jail awaiting trial.

Lane, who pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter, was sentenced in November 2003 to at least seven years and 11 months in prison.

The credit for the three years spent in jail means Lane will have to spend about five years in prison. She's already been in prison about a year and a half.

Prosecutors and defense lawyers have been wrangling over how much credit Lane should get for the time she was locked up in jail awaiting trial.

Prosecutors argued that Lane should not get credit for the first 2 1/2 years she was in jail because she was a federal prisoner being held without bond on a bank larceny charge.

Defense lawyers argued that Lane should get credit for more than 1,000 days in jail because their client was being held without bond on both the federal bank larceny charge and the murder charge.

Lane was sentenced in federal court in March 2003 to four months in prison for her role in a conspiracy with a teller to steal $41,200 from a Charlotte bank in 1998.

Superior Court Judge Timothy Patti ruled for the defense, giving Lane credit for nearly three years in jail.

Defense attorneys Henderson Hill and Luke Largess could not be reached Friday for comment.

Mecklenburg Assistant District Attorney Glenn Cole described himself as disappointed by the judge's ruling. He said prosecutors wanted to keep Lane in prison as long as they could.

"We fought hard to get her the maximum sentence," Cole said. "We wanted to make sure we got every bit of time we could."

Fred Lane Sr. thinks his son's killer should have gotten a tougher punishment.

"Kill somebody and all you get is eight years in prison," he said. "I don't understand.

"They keep slapping her on the hand."

THat bitch took anther Life and she killed a very good player.And all she got was 8years

2. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

ok bachelors she's almost available.

I wonder what her personal ad would say?

3. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

Personal Ad

I am a black widowed mother of two looking for faithful black man.

I am 5 ft 4 incnches tall, 7 years prison experience, have nce booty (at least that's what those carpet munchers in jail say), have plety of money from my late husband so money is no concern. I am so tried of the muffers, that's why I needs a real man. You needs to have a steady job but you don't needs to be rich cause ever black man with money think he a playa. My late husband Fred think he a playa now look at him. He dead. So don't be coming round here sneaking outta back dooh unless you want to join my late husband.

My favorite things are walk on da beach, listening to gansta rap and shooting my sawed off shot gun.

If you interested contact the Mecklinburg county correction facility C/O Deidra Lane

4. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Bitch should fry!

5. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

You forgot to add "robbing banks wif my girlfriends".

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Giving her credit for the time she already spent is reasonable and expected. Why double the credit?

7. pcon

pcon Full Access Member

Only 8 year for murder??? That's sad. Why was it manslaughter? Because she said that he abuse her, etc. She shoot him in the back of the head(I believe) and his keys were still in the door- that should be proof that it was murder.