1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

KG heading to Bean Town

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Jul 30, 2007.

1. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

oh, hes got some miles on him, no doubt. I just think he is a genetic freak. hes tall, wiry, strong and no body fat. that will buy him a few more years.

2. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

The team that Boston had wasn't on the verge of anything. Green and Jefferson might be above average players in a few years, but they are never going to be dominating or "big".

3. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

honestly, I'm not impressed by this trade on either side. Yes, the Celtics pick up a superstar but he's old and with all the talent they have on their team, that talent has never really shown me that they have the mentality that you need to win in the playoffs. They might get there and win a series or maybe even two, but they won't win the East and a couple of years from now they'll be in a worse position than they were before the trade. Minnesota got Garnett out, but they could have done a lot better than this.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Green, sure, but Jefferson? I don't think you realize how good that guy is. Averaging 16 points and 11 boards in 33 minutes a game is pretty damn impressive for a 22 year old. That's a better season than Okafor has ever had (although Ok has him in blocks). To me he looks like a young Stoudemire.

5. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I'll agree with that somewhat, but Horry and a lot of the others that hit the 1,000 game mark also had a number of NCAA games on them as well. KG coming straight from high school, is part of an unknown breed as to how long they can last in the NBA. At the very least I'd have to think you could add around 100 more games to their total. Which really is only another season (including playoffs), but its something.

6. Wiggin

Wiggin Full Access Member

I think Collin's on point in this one. I think Boston is royally screwed for several years to come. True they have three great players (albeit older, and on the downside of their careers...and real injury concerns for Allen), but what else do they have?

They just traded away their best current and future talent (outside of the big 3), and now have little to go along with them. I just see them having moved into the 3rd or 4th seed in the near future and no playoffs in the distant future.

As for Shaq and Miami, that was really D-Wade's team, and his championship. Shaq just happened to be along for the ride.

7. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

What Brain said, but I am thinking you may be able to add maybe another year on top of what you mentioned. Yes more games are played during the NBA season than college, but he is 3 to 4 years younger than most players in this situation with number of games played.

Another good thing is that KG has had very little in the way of several major injuries, so he may be a player where they could possibly get another 5-6 years from.

8. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

His stats look pretty good, and he's got a nice post game, but the general consensus is that he can't guard a folding chair and he's an undersized 4 who has to play the 5 to be effective.

*shrug* most boston fans aren't *that* enamored with him.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Oh good lord. And playing one NBA season is more grueling on the body than four seasons of college. The age thing is a reasonable point, so you can probably add a little extra mileage, but he's still nearing the point of decline.

Clay:
    I have no idea how Boston fans do or don't feel. I'm just saying that he's recognized as one of the game's top young interior talents. He's already good, so there's every chance that he might eventually be great.

10. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

may be, but it's not likely he'll be as good as Garnett is now. But I get what you're saying.

For what it's worth, the people in Vegas like the trade - the odds of the Celtics winning the Finals went from 100-1 to 5-1.