1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Keyshawn dropped

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by verytastyfish, May 1, 2007.

1. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

2. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

I made my points...Jake is not a great passer, Jake doesn't run, Jake hands off pretty well, I guess...so mechanically he's a mediocre quarterback. He does 2 out of three jobs a QB is supposed to do poorly.

Second, I said no one person takes any team to the Super Bowl, so the argument that "Jake TOOK us to the Superbowl" doesn't fly as an example of how great he is. To make that point, I used their own logic...IF one argues that Jake was responsible for taking us to the Superbowl, then logically he's also responsible for us having a crappy season last year, so what he has done for us lately is squat, using that argument. Jake is mediocre....it should be that simple, but some folks, (obviously, you missed it) need it spelled out in simpler terms. So that is what I've done....post after post after post.

3. Golden Hammer

None ever have, BUT the Jake lovers point to "Jake Took us to a Superbowl" as a statement of his ability. So my point is exactly what you are saying; Going to the Superbowl says nothing about an individual's ability, because no one player can take a team there alone. Jake didn't TAKE us to the Superbowl.

4. Golden Hammer

Not an agenda, dude....every NFL team has times when their best parts don't play well, and it's up to other weapons, let's call them, to carry the team steady until the best weapons get their feet back under them....Jake can't do that. That's just reality.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Consistently, you mean. "Jake can't do that consistently." It's the extremes of your argument where you lose people, especially when you're not presenting stats or anecdotes to back it up.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    did anyone agree with you on that? Anyone? Making a point isn't just stating it and hoping it's true.
    No one's ever stated that Delhomme's arm is the best in the league, but he's clearly shown he's an NFL starter. Arm has never been his problem.

Running is not a primary job of any quarterback, obviously. I don't know why you muddy "points" with nonsense like this.

7. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

Youre a prick, this much has become obvious.

8. Golden Hammer

spool back through the threads, "he's not great , but he's not bad"..."his stats aren't horrible but they aren't stellar"...something like that. Between great and bad lies.....mediocre.
    It's not the primary job of any quarterback, I never said that.....I just said it was part of his job, and he doesn't do well, if at all.

I tell you what, this is my last post on this topic ....I hope he lights it up and proves me wrong this season. That would be fantastic. But I ain't holding my breath.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Between great and awful lies a laundry list. It's generalizations and awful

You essentially stated it was 1/3rd of his job - "He does 2 out of three jobs a QB is supposed to do poorly." That puts it in as a primary job. "He has three jobs to do."

fair enough. We'll see.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

it was really, really funny. And I didn't even do it. Not certain I could pull it off.