1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Keyshawn dropped

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by verytastyfish, May 1, 2007.

1. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Seems reasonable to me.

2. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Why? It's completely congruent with everything we thought about him before he arrived, and it's not like the staff would say 'we cut him because he's a total jackass.'

It's much more logical that they cut him for reasons they won't mention than because they are not as smart as us.

3. Snotz

Snotz Banned From TBR

i agree

4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

It's Charlotte, not New York, and I've heard mostly positive things about Key's presence in the locker room. Particularly towards the end of his career. Parcells has praised his leadership ability, and Bill isn't a guy who hands out compliments like candy. I just don't believe it was that bad. Certainly a few guys didn't like him, but not everybody holds hands in a locker room.

I don't see how he was a media distraction. He's not as candid in front of a mic as he used to be. In fact, he seems to give a lot of John Fox type of responses (except for a few occasions).

5. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

Bottom line, imho, team chemistry was big time missing last season. Was it Key's fault? I can't say it was, and I agree with the sentiment that we are NOT a better "talent wise" team without him, BUT, it's not a stretch to suggest he was a factor in the lack of chemistry.

6. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I won't dismiss that idea altogether, but if we didn't blow some of our games last year, I'm sure the chemistry would have seemed a lot better. Winning breeds chemistry. It's easier to get along with your coworkers when you're having success, even if you really don't like them.

7. rake

rake Need one of these

since the falcons lost Brian Finneran most asshats over on their board want Keyshawn there and some think he's going to be a great compliment to Horn and Jenkins as their #3.

so where does Key end up? I know, he won't go to asslanta. I guess he'll accept the vet min to go hang around for playing time on the Pats sideline huh

8. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Oakland, Tennesee and Green Bay appear to be the teams interested. Oakland has the USC connections and it's close to his home.

I wouldn't be shocked if he retired.

9. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

i wouldn't mind Keyshawn doing commentary

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

He will likely play one more year somewhere. I doubt he wants to go out having been cut. There are still teams that need a big slow posession receiver who does not fight for the ball any more.