1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Julius Peppers interview from 10/11 on WFNZ

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by CLTNative, Oct 11, 2010.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

For some reason it bothers me that I barely knew what his voice sounded like after playing in Charlotte for nearly a decade, and now he can't keep his mouth shut.

I don't understand that aspect of the 'turn.' What changed and why didn't he grant interviews in Charlotte (that has been the case since way before JR challenged him to be 'the leader.')

2. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

I could give a shit. He gave us nothing but balls-out effort for 8 years. That's a long time for one guy in one place, with good production and effort. I never saw him take plays off. I did see him occasionally get shut the fuck down by some pretty average tackles.

He's away from home, around some swagger. He's 4-1 and a big reason for it. So, if the man feels like talking, he should. He's one of very few on that remarkably flimsy Bears team that has earned the right.

3. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Im not begrudging his right to leave, just wishing he had been a little more open while he was here.

Doesn't owe me shit though.

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Please God no Pike, will people ever learn?

5. verytastyfish

verytastyfish Full Access Member

Fuck Peppers. I don't care that he left but this revisionist history is a bunch of bullshit. The coaching staff were not properly utilizing him two years ago and now he would still be here if it was up to Fox? He has said they offered to make him the highest paid player twice, he chose not to respond. If you are ready to move on then move on, don't play the victim and certainly don't show your ass. I am still convinced that he was pointing to JR and Hurney when he was shushing. All those guys did was pay him millions of dollars and try to give the leadership of this team for 8 years. He will eventually get run out of Chicago when he is used up. Never burn bridges or forget where you came from, he obviously has and will end up regretting it.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

He also occasionally got handled one-on-one by backup TE's.

Of course he's a beast when he's playing with a purpose, but he clearly went into a few hibernations during his stay in Charlotte. What was it 2007, when he had 2 sacks all year, and about 3 total tackles? How do his defenders explain that year?

To be clear, no Panther fan ever started the talk about his taking plays off, all that talk started in Chapel Hill. With Peppers, you take the bad with the good, period. JR was tired of the ups/downs, and Chicago was willing to pay to see how long his ups will last, its really that simple.

7. udontknowme

udontknowme Full Access Member

as bad as this team is, it is much harder to blame him for getting paid a boatload, and going to a place that he had a better opportunity to win.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    seriously. Right along with the crying that he doesn't interview. I mean, the fuck can anyone say about this shit? "It's going just as planned"?

9. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I for one miss Peppers. He's not a Panther anymore, so fuck him, no time to worry about him. But I think it's fucking awful that we didn't try everything we could to keep him here.