1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

John Chaney

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Feb 26, 2005.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I used to have all the respect in the world for Coach Chaney. He conducted his practices real early in the morning (6am) so his players could go to class and study like normal students. But Wednesdays game against St Joes has made me rethink my opinion. Due to what he perceived as missed calls he puts in a seldom used player or as he called a goon to "get rough" Get rough must mean get 5 fouls in just under 4 minutes and set a pick on a guy that breaks the guys arm. The injured person is no doubt for the rest of the year. Chaney tries to back peddle and suspends himself for one game. He admitys he send a player in there to cause some havoc and then suspends himself? To make matters worse Temples president desides to further disipline him and suspends him for the rest of the regular season. A whopping three games total! They used the term "rest of the regular season like thats a big deal. IT'S THREE FRICKING GAMES! He should at the very least be suspended for the rest of the season, the whole season! This is no way for a coach to act and teach his players. Coach Chaney, I have lost a lot of respect for you

2. NOGA87

NOGA87 Full Access Member

What was that altercation about between him and the UMASS coach several years ago? He blew up over something at the press conference, I think, at the UMASS coach (Calipari?) and I can't remember what that was about. Anybody remember?

3. Malaysak1982

Malaysak1982 Full Access Member

Chaney is a dickhead. He's always jealous because ACC schools like Duke and UNC get the best players. Fuck that stupid son-of-a-bitch. One reason I hate that Charlotte is joining the A 10 is because they'll have to play that ignorant bastard every year. Charlotte needs to get it's own "goon squad" together so they can fuck up Chaney's day when they play.

4. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

Fuck him. Someone should break his arm.

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Good article about him and the incident.

John Chaney

6. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

this kinda stuff goes on alot. if the kid had'nt of broken his arm we would'nt even be talking about it. chaney might be an a-hole but he aint the only one using "goons".

7. python

python It Happens

He should retire.

8. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Not until he kills John Calipari for real then he can say he accomplished something worthwhile before he goes.

9. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

I was amazed that he actually admitted to sending the kid in to act like a goon.

10. Southern_Crunk

Southern_Crunk Y'all ain't ready!!

Somewhere Near Baghdad...still being Treal.
    Typical America.............................

Chaney is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Bobby knight as a person, and Bobby is still coaching. Even the coach of UMASS said on TV that he supports Chaney, knows he fucked up, but still respects him as a man. It was very unprofessional what he did. He's being punished............hell............he punished himself. Hell.............Many still consider Woody Hayes a legend................LOL Even after he knocked a Clemson player out.......LOL What he did was not because the ACC gets the better player. Thats just fucking 'tarded to say. WHat he did was stupid, unprofessional, and he should get exactly what he's getting. If Bush can smoke a joint a do a couple of lines and still be respected as the President......then Chaney should still be respected.