1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

John Bunting

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Village Idiot, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Yuck

Yuck Sweet Pea

John Bunting seems to be a good guy. I find myself rooting for UNC just because I want to see him succeed. I kinda hope he gets fired so I can go back to being ABC again.

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

he could come over here and moderate the rubber room, but he would probably screw that up too.......never mind

seriously......any and all questions about his ability to run a D1 program have been answered with a big fat "NOT QUALIFIED". The program is not getting better under his leadership. In fact it has fallen from tolerable to ridiculous to sad to pathetic. If he really does love the University of North Carolina as much as he claims to then he will step down. His program is a JOKE. He has ZERO credibilty now. Here's a new slogan for Bunting.........

"We'll Turn it Blue
    When they get rid of YOU!"

3. Piper

Piper phishin member

Being a pleasant fellow is generally not near the top of the list of qualifications of Div-1 coaching. With that Defense I saw, and I only watched part of the game, was the worst I've seen at this level of ball. And its pure coaching and motivation.

I don't care about UNC football. But that was embarrasing. No scrap whatsoever.

UNC won't beat Duke. Duke may not have the athletes, but they'll scrap. In fact, just from what I saw today, I want to see the DIV-1A team that would lose to the losing team that took the football field today. That team must really suck.

Anyone wanting to give this clown another shot just because he bleeds baby blue is either a machosist or doesn't care about football.

4. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

He's done.

5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I post on that Carolina baord sometimes - I wish I had been on that thread and ya'll could have quoted me :D

As for all these fans saying Bunting is more special because he loves UNC and was a great player there and all that bullshit - just remember how much Bart Starr was loved and revered in Green Bay but he sucked ass as a coach - ran the Packers into the ground which is just what Bunting is doing to UNC now.

He just needs to go back to being an asst or a coordinator somwhere.

Geeze - can you imagine what the scores are going to look like when they play Miami and FSU? And Utah and Louisville - the only other non conference games both have high scoring offenses. I wonder if any division 1 defense has ever averaged giving up 500 yards every game?

The only redeeming part of ACC ball today was watching Clemson choke BIG TIME against Tech :banana:

6. kshead

If Maryland didn't do it back in the Mark Duffner years, they still came DAMN close.

7. Ipimpcrazydave

Ipimpcrazydave Full Access Member

joeswe
    RS Freshman
    (9/12/04 1:42:45 am)
    Reply This season and JB's UNC career are not hopeless causes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Obviously, things are in bad shape now. I certainly have no explanation for UVA....but, if we can win one of the next 2 home games then we're in decent shape. If we correct some correctable mistakes and defeat both GT and Louisville, then we're in strong position, IMO. If we lose both, then clearly this season turns into an ugly death march followed by a very sad, but inevitable termination.

One other thing...A couple weeks ago on this board I really whined and complained about moving 6-6'', leverage and technique-challenged Khalif Mitchell inside to DT following Page's injury. I think the staff should reconsider and move Mitchell back to DE IMMEDIATELY. We desperately need his rare combo of speed and bulk out there. Our other DE's are overmatched by BOTH speed and stength[pancake victims] issues....I'm almost 100% certain that this move would help somewhat...We've got literally nothing to lose.

...and who knows, maybe a tardy but gifted Terry Hunter will give us a spark.

Edited by: joeswe at: 9/12/04 2:19:06 am

8. kshead

I believe this guy must've been drunker than I was last night.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  9. Ipimpcrazydave

10. Ipimpcrazydave

:rofl:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004