1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jenks news

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by HeadCase, Apr 5, 2006.

1. blackcatfan

blackcatfan Full Access Member

:bj: :ymca:

You pull the same crap in those discussions, resort to name calling and insults rather than actually provide any substance to actually explain/defend your opinion.

2. Proprietor

Proprietor Family feeder

Well, I can assure you that a pat on the back from Magnus is the least of my concerns. I will say that I respect Mags a helluva lot more than Collin. He has a little more intellectual integrity, and will keep the conversation on a productive track.

Personally, I don't like bullies. But, nah...not seeking anyone's approval.

3. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Collin isn't going to change so just put him on ignore or don't read his posts.

4. Proprietor

Proprietor Family feeder

Yea, I wised up and made that happen.

We can stop talking about it now. It's all good....so.....someone give me a little background on Damione Lewis? What was the problem in STL? Work ethic? Scheme? Coaching? Over-rated?

What should we expect from the guy?

5. Piper

Piper phishin member

Probably the best thing.

Came out overhyped from Miami as the next Sapp. Quick off the snap, athletic. Not real strong in the upper body, and light in the ass. So he gets pushed around, and needs to win on the snap to be effective. Has had some injuries, particualry his knee.

Lost his starting job two years ago, though he started again late last season, but that may be more due to injury.

In short, he's best as a situational pass rusher and penetrator. Sort of like Morehead, but more athletic. I haven't heard any motivation or attitude problems, he's just undersized.

In short, let's hope Jenks is ok or we will probably see Carstens and him plantooning situationally.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Lewis might've been a reach.

He wasn't strong, but 22 reps isn't awful, or isn't obscenely underpowered. It is for a top 15 defensive lineman, yes. I do think that Rams' problems defensively and their incessant need to reach for defenders under Martz that wouldn't work out and didn't fit together (Lewis, Pickett, Polley, Allen in one year, along with the hype machine Archuleta; follow that by reaches of Robert Thomas and Travis Fisher, then almost duplicate picks of 2001 in Jimmy Kennedy and Pisa Tinoisamoa) as well as awful decisions in good ole' boy hirings like Larry Marmie, to offset the gift-hirings like Lovie Smith, were the biggest problem with that defense, and there wasn't much room for success. Not that he's not responsible for not being worth what he was picked as, but it was clear that he wasn't as powerful or useful as Marcus Stroud or the others rated high in 2001.

Lewis isn't a prototypical head-up DT, and any team that has him must know that and use him as such. The Rams, I believe, didn't really plug into that. They did get big DTs to put next to him, which is a start in theory, but you never really saw it "go" on the field. He had issues in college being too concerned with beating his man and not enough in shedding, and at this level he doesn't have as much strength v/s his man, so he has problems there. Carstens and Moorehead aren't strong either, but hold their own, and I believe that Lewis would be able to start here if we needed, with some liberal substitution, especially next to Jenkins or Kemoeatu. I also do believe that this staff would get more production out of Lewis in this atmosphere, this coaching style, this scheme, this line than St. Louis would expect.

I'm not getting into the Collin issue again. I do believe that arguing happens to everyone, and "I'll tell you what your opinion is" doesn't. I'm not going to continuously have it here. I'm also not going to have a referendum on whether people like Collin or his ridiculously disrespectful attitude.

7. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

FWIW, I know Proprietor, and he is a good man. He's done a great deal for me, and I don't know where I would be without his influence. People are not always the same on MB's as they are in real life, being that the internet gives otherwise underspoken people a chance to open up. Do I agree with his constant mentioning of Collin? Not really. But I do find it kind of funny, in a somewhat dark fashion, and perhaps Purr should lighten up just a tad.

8. Cattrax

Cattrax Senior Member

I really want to know with whom did you find to argue? Collin has readily admitted he is a prick* and an asshole. The varied opinions and football knowledge of the posters (including Collin) is what attracted me to the board and brings me back daily.

Another thing, just because it's written doesn't mean it has to be read. When I see a thread turning bad (it's not hard to recognize) I skip those posts and go on to another. It's a message board, not a love fest.

*Edit: Collin may have admitted to being a dick rather than a prick. I don't want him jumping my ass for misquoting him. :imagestor

Back to football.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  9. y2b

y2b King of QC

appreciate that mags

10. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

After seeing the Kemo highlights. Now i know why Bentley made the comments he did about him. Awesome, cant wait for that first preseason game.