1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jenkins' views on heart and passion.

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by ant2125, Sep 30, 2007.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I think people underestimate the passion our players already have.

2. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

they certainly couldn't value it based on Sunday's game.

3. presidence99

Sure couldn't, but how many teams still look passionate in the middle of an asskicking like that?

4. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

good, and if he realizes that it will help the team

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Im not going to speculate on our players' passion as a whole. Either way, they ALL need passion, and they ALL need to fucking exeucute, whether they like their deployments of fucking not.

My point was, and is, stop fucking mocking passion, you fucking homers.

6. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Maybe we're a shitty team, Mike. Did that thought ever cross your mind?

Seriously, you guys think being excited = getting results, but in reality, it's usually the other way around. I see plenty of Panthers getting angry on the sidelines. I see Peppers yelling at our linebackers. I see Smith yelling on the phone. I see Fox flailing his arms around after giving up another 30 yard completion. None of that means jack if you suck.

We suck. We suck. We suck. That's what it comes down to, and the only goddamn reason you guys are using the passion line is because you don't know any better. You don't understand our real problems. You can't get your mind around the real issues, so you lean towards some superficial nonsense which makes an easier story. I'm talking to you, Gantt. Reed, Yas, Sorensen. You motherfuckers don't know shit about the game of football, never have, and you never will. You provide ZERO worthy analysis. The least you could do is spend some time at the library, studying up on the game and then applying what you've learned to your craft. You will never do that, though. You don't care enough. You lack passion. You only care about cashing a fucking check, and in the process, you misguide our fans.

I know you guys read this, so FUCK ALL OF YOU! You suck at your jobs. I'm a 21-year-old college student and I could do your job in my fucking sleep, and do it 10x better, even without the "desire" to enter your profession. Get a fucking clue already. Write about something worth reading, like, I don't know, maybe football.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  7. presidence99

You already have:

Thanks for not reading my post about people underestimating the passion the team has. And i think we can agree that people show more passion for things they LIKE to do so maybe some benchings/scheme change is in order.

8. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

it was the beginning too. then the middle. then the end.

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

I disagree that they suck. based on the rest of the division, 4 games in, they are likely team 1B in the NFC South, TB being 1A. Not much separates the 2. CAR has issues at LB and in the secondary. Offensively, they have no excuse. yes, Jake is out for a bit (maybe the year), but Carr is a vast upgrade from Weinke. Why are they 2-2? They haven't executed or played well. Most fans in the stands would look at them and say they don't seem to be TRYING. It's not a superficial thing, this heart and passion. it's very tangible. Hungry teams plays hard every snap. Smitty plays hard every snap. I think Jenks does too, and others. The collective bunch has to follow suit.

Locker room opens at 1:15, and I'll be in there, hoping to hear some positive things, but, in the end, its going to take better effort to execute better. Better effort comes from within--so do things like drive, desire, and passion for the game.

10. presidence99

Probably but the team still needs to play better.

13 points and, apparently, a ton of passion.