1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jenkins' views on heart and passion.

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by ant2125, Sep 30, 2007.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I understand that. Just pointing it out, you can do well without all the rah-rah shit;

PS Pep better have a game like that pronto.

2. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Notice how the players you mention that HAVE the passion and zest for the game are PRO BOWLERS? Oops. Shut up now. All anyone is asking from the TEAM, not s random players, is to act like they give a damn. Jenkins is too, so yeah, I think its a valid point.

edit----and its not just rah rah shit too. Im tired of that being the mentality of posters around here. This fucking bullshit twisting of words where its assumed that fans want RA-RA. No. They want the fucking players to act like they fucking care, WRAP PEOPLE UP, not just go for a body check, and the coaches to pull the best out of them.

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I don't believe so. We didn't make any radical roster changes for Vick, and scheme-wise, the only thing we did over the last few years was be a little more desciplined in our stunts and games up-front. The linemen we're going so apeshit at the snap trying to get penetration and giving up easy running lanes.

But no, I don't think we've ever focused too much on one team.

4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Maybe Julius will make the Pro Bowl someday.

It's time for someone to make an argument as to why this 'passion' will help us execute better. Nobody has been willing to do that.

5. presidence99

Did you see the saints getting all hyped when they played the Titans? Still didn't help.

Absolutely goddamn right.

6. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

No one is saying, if we have passion, and nothing else, we will go undefeated. People are saying, the team looks lackadaisacal, emotionless and leaderless on the field, while at the same time getting their brains beat in.

Kris Jenkins is making the same argument that many on this board have been making for weeks, considering he was about the only defender to show up last week, I'm going to take his word for it.

I dont understand why you and a handful of others cant seem to understand that.

7. presidence99

That doesn't mean that they are directly correlated.

8. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

Anyone with sense would deduce that being lackadaisacal, emotionless, and leaderless in a competition would have an adverse affect on performance.

9. presidence99

If you're playing like shit anyways then passion may not be problem #1. Which is what irks me- people seem to blame a perceived lack of passion for all the teams problems and Jenkins' comments gave that idea some steam but trust me a lack of execution worries me so much more, poor personnel decisions at safety a whole hell of a lot more.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  10. madmike

madmike I Like Mexician Beer!

Screw execution, just act like you give a damn if you win or lose. Or let me put it to you like this, if you don't give a shit at your job and make a joke out of everything you screw up how long do you think you would last? Although JR signs the checks the fans buy the tickets,jerseys and $6.50 beers so the lazy lard asses can drag their fat asses around like they bent their dick trying to screw a pine knot.