1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

JamesOn Curry to Oklahoma State?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by mediafreak, May 4, 2004.

1. mediafreak

mediafreak Freak me

Reports say Curry to sign with Oklahoma State

Eds: JamesOn is cq.

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) – The leading scorer in North Carolina high school basketball history appears ready to sign with Oklahoma State after the Tar Heels rescinded his scholarship over a drug conviction.

JamesOn Curry, who visited campus last weekend, could sign as early as Tuesday, according to published reports.

“They really want him, and they did a good job coming in and recruiting him,” Curry’s high school coach, John Moon, told the Tulsa World.

“And he loved his visit out there,” Moon said, adding, “and when I talked to him (Sunday) night, you could just feel the excitement and enthusiasm that he had for Oklahoma State.”

Curry, a 6-foot-3 guard, pleaded guilty April 5 to six felony counts: two each of possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana; two each of the sale of marijuana and two each of delivering marijuana.

North Carolina coach Roy Williams pulled his scholarship offer two days later. He was kicked off his high school team after his February arrest.

Curry, 18, was sentenced to 36 months of probation; various fines, including $600 for lab fees to test the marijuana; $200 in court costs and 200 hours of community service.

Curry could not be reached for comment.

Moon said he believes Curry’s legal troubles were a one-time mistake.

“I feel like Oklahoma State is getting a great kid and a great player, and he’s getting a great coach and a great situation,” Moon said.

Curry scored 3,307 points at Eastern Alamance High School, averaged 40.3 points per game and scored 40 points or more 24 times. He holds 14 North Carolina high school records.

Curry would join Julius Lamptey and Aaron Pettway in the Cowboys’ recruiting class.

2. BJUnklFkr

BJUnklFkr Full Access Member

Thanks for the news! Where are all the clowns claming Huggins was after him? :handjob:

Seriously, I can only hope this kid appreciates the chance he's getting. I always hate to see talented kids throw it away :huh:

3. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

4. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

JamesOn will end up being a very good player. I expect UNC to face his ace in a few years and he'll light up their aces. The history is ther for that shit to happen.

UNC had no choice really and I'll never look back regardless. UNC did what they should have done with JamesOn.

5. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

just curious, but why did you replace ass with ace in your writings, but felt it was okay to type shit???

6. Tommy_Perkins

Tommy_Perkins Full Access Member