1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jake

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by sockittome16, Nov 27, 2005.

1. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

is the sickest :woot: :woot: him and Steve Smith are the glue that holds this team together. Best game for Foster and Colbert so far also.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    played a little too safe this game. A few too many dumpoffs, a few too many balls thrown away before necessary, but it's a growing pain. If you want him to play safe, and you don't take chances elsewhere, you're going to have close games.

3. Piper

Piper phishin member

Colbert had some drops, but picked it up at the end. Got us that first down we needed.

Foster made some plays as well, got some big first downs running. Missed some cuts, and was hesitant on that third and one base. A bouce had a TD.

We missed some red zone opportunaties, but other than where Wharton got smoked and caused the fumble and Kasay's miss, no big mistakes either, and we won a Fox game.

4. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

to me that turnover was on jake. there is nothing at all wrong with a qb stepping up into the pocket and delivering the ball. wharton whiffed, but jake shouldn't have been there, he should have been 1.5 steps up.

jake also missed an easy td.

our d made losman look good.

that said, that looked like panther football again.

5. Piper

Piper phishin member

Well, it wasn't a seven step drop, and there isn't that much room to step up on a five on a timing pattern. He had just hit his back foot and went to throw, in no way should that happen. The ball has to come out if it's open, right then. That's all on Wharton, completely. He was simply slow getting out of his stance. Less than 3 seconds is the amount of time Jake needs their, and he didn't get it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  6. buck nasty

i find that funny piper, just because its so obvious i guess, i don't know why.

7. Piper

Piper phishin member

yean. If it were a seven step drop, Jake would have gotten killed.

Look on a replay if you taped. Wharton hesitated off the ball. Everyone else was already backing up. I'm not sure if he forgot the snap count or if he was just that slow on that play.

8. Piper

Piper phishin member

As for Losman, he made a couple of throws, but he got just lucky on some. The one across his body should have been picked. They had the same conservative game plan, and we held McGahee to under 3 yards a carry. The front 4 got pressure on him, and when it really mattered we got the turnover when they HAD to pass. Defense did everything but get turnovers today. And special teams did get one that the refs robbed them of.

Really, the bad things were missed opportunities on offense. Foster missed a cut on the third and one. FG. Colbert had drop on a drive, and Kasay missed a FG. Jake missed a TD. FG. This was close to a blowout.

9. buck nasty

i'll look, but you look, i have the right to be irrationally upset with jake still, and blame stuff on him.

hell, i even wanted the bucs to win because now i fucking hate chicago for whopping our asses, fully realizing that would be bad for the panthers. i hate them worse than the bucs.

i realize i'm not thinking clearly, but i'm a fanatic, not a clear thinker.

(the first line is supposed to be a little funny, not pissy, but i don't think its really working).

10. buck nasty

when it was first and goal and we handed off i was screaming 'bootleg'. it would have fucking scored. they were loaded to the left and everyone went middle on the handoff. their whole d would have bit and jake could have waltzed in. we've ran that play before, maybe we're saving it.