1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

J Peppers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by bobcat91, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Peppers isn't Reggie White, and some Panthers fans will never forgive him for that. But he's a damn good player, which is more than I can say for Jordan Gross, who the team chose to give ridiculous money instead of Julius.

2. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Paying Julius what we would have ended up paying him had no justification, regardless of Jordan's suckage.

3. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

Julius chose not to take the ridiculous highest paid defensive player money...twice. fuck him in the asshole

4. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

lazy and gay

5. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

I mean, there's no reason to be mad at Pep. It just happened. 8 years ain't bad, and he gave us some good memories. But he's not this "force" that we keep hearing about. He's very good.

6. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

thats why I wonder why I keep hearing about it. AP selection is prime example

7. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

i think about that fumble he caused deuce, those pat's he and jenks blocked, that qb he kept out of the endzone and then intercepted the next play (can't remember who that was against)...
    he gave us some great moments.
    he was pretty fucking awesome.

8. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

He might not be all world but he is better then what we've got. Love the NFL because all teams have the same number of players, same pot of money, you live by the choices you make as an owner and GM. I wish JR would take a look at the final two teams and evaluate vs. his team. Franchise QB, good WR, outstanding Defense, and constant changing line due to injuries.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Yeah, not mad. He gave us all he had. If he's not as good blocked as he is in space, so be it. If he isn't consistent he won't become so now. It does get tired hearing how much better he is now, how much better hes used now. I don't see that.

We put up a good D without him. We will improve from here.

10. Skidmark

Skidmark Full Access Member

I think Peppers is consistent. I think this is the real Peppers. Allowing him to move around, switch sides, taking him out of coverage responsibilities, etc. have eliminated any excuses. This year he had every reason to break out, and he didn't. He is above average but an underachiever. The fact that he will not be a hall of famer will haunt him forever.

To me, he is hyped to such a degree that the media praises his ordinary accomplishments and marvel at his athleticism. He is a great athlete, one of the best I have ever seen, but when you are outplayed every year by Jared Allen and your absence paves the way for Charles Johnson to outperform you, it seems that above average is the ceiling.