1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I've seen enough

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by mathmajors, Nov 4, 2007.

1. kornboy16

kornboy16 Full Access Member

Wow, now everybody misses Delhomme...it seems like this time last year everybody hated Delhomme

2. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Jake is better than Brady and Manning combined x 1000.

3. John Fox

John Fox It Is What It Is

At least we're not the Eagles.

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

:munching_out:

5. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Yeah, he gets some slack for the circumstances. No QB and I doubt it was his decision to leave #2 WR to Colbert.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

The play-calling as well. In fact, I don't think you ever even explained what you thought changed with Henning to suddenly make him worse. The fact is that he wasn't, he was just a scapegoat. I proved it then, and this year has shown me to be correct.
    I think you're confusing me with you. You're the one who refuses to acknowledge when you're wrong about something. Good lord, remember the time you insisted that Shawne Merriman was a DE prospect only and not a 3-4 linebacker? It took you several games into the season with him playing linebacker for San Diego before you finally admitted that you were wrong. You're all about protecting your image and seeming correct, while I'll admit being wrong immediately because I care far more about the facts than trying to pretend like I've always been correct.
    We didn't drop significantly in overall production on first or second downs, and our total rushing yards only "dropped" from 1679 in '05 to 1659 in '06. Somehow I doubt that 20 rushing yards over the course of a season was enough to get Henning fired or prove that he suddenly became a terrible coordinator, but go on pretending you weren't wrong.

7. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

It wasn't rushing yardage that got Henning fired, it was the lack of rushing attempts. We had 4th quarter leads in 10 games last year, but inexplicably started throwing the ball more instead of less, which surprise surprise, led to more INT"s late in games. Everybody knows that Fox wants to finish off game on the ground and kill the clock when he has a late lead, he's said that from day 1.

A perfect example is what the Titans did to us yesterday...White only had about 4yds per carry, which is about the same as Foster had, but he finished with 100yds because they committed to running the ball when they had a late lead. Of course, it was easy for them though, because they didn't have to worry about our offense coming back and winning the game, but it's the same principle. They stuck with the run even though we were stopping it early.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

I just naturally assume that you're wrong because you have proven yourself to be a complete idiot, but just to make sure, I went back and checked last season's play by play records. Guess what? You were wrong again. When we had a lead in the 4th quarter, we passed 46 times and ran the ball 74 times. Jake threw for two TDs in those situations, and the only interception was on Keyshawn's pass (Jake's six 4th quarter INTs all came with the score tied or us behind).

Here are the game by game breakdowns:
    MIN - 0 passes, 3 runs
    TB - 5 passes, 2 runs
    NO - 0 passes, 7 runs
    CLE - 8 pass, 8 runs
    BAL - 13 passes (TD), 10 runs
    CIN - 2 passes, 0 runs
    TB - 5 passes (TD), 7 runs
    STL - 4 passes (key's INT), 11 runs
    WAS - 2 passes, 1 run
    PHI - 1 pass, 4 runs
    ATL - 2 passes, 12 runs
    NO - 4 passes, 9 runs

So how about admitting that you were wrong since I proved it yet again?

9. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

One thing I didn't like about the game was the few times we had 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2, we'd put the ball in Carr's hands, instead of running to get the 2 yards.

10. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

First of all, you left out some games and you left out the 3rd quarter, not to mention that the other team usually had the ball longer than us because of all the incomplete passes. Secondly, the Rams and the second Falcons game skews those numbers because we ran the ball about 100 times in just those two games. I looked up the numbers in about week 8 last year, and the Panthers were about 26th or 28th in rushing attempts...the fucking Eagles were running more than us at that point. You just wasted alot of time.