1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I've seen enough

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by mathmajors, Nov 4, 2007.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Henning picked everybody that started that season, and the backups were his. If he didn't have the right guys, there's no reason he didn't. After five years, there really isn't a good excuse for suddenly getting a lot worse.

This offense not living up to better expectations (with a cut 2nd WR, and the last resort at QB) doesn't make Henning's firing wrong.

2. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I dont recall that.

No, I didnt, lol. THat description is not the same as: "because he looked confident out there". He executed well on the few plays that he didnt throw the pic. And that pic to me, looked like a miscommunication.

Could be. But right now, Carr isnt good enough.

He isnt playing at a level for us to be successful on offense. That gives fans the right to say he sucks. He certainly isnt close to good enough now.

It wasnt ONLY Carr. BUt dont say it wasnt ABOUT Carr, because he had a very large part in it, and to say otherwise, is just you lying because you dont want to lose on what youve been preaching for weeks.

Dont muddy an already failing point with saying things that are just ridiculous.

Absolutely you are.

? Not true. Gametape is evidence. Im not saying hes the only reason for the losses. Never did. Theres PLENTY of blame to go around, from the top on down. BUt Carr is not playing his position well, or good enough right now. The fact that you dispute this is disturbing, and actually evidence that youre fighting this to not "lose". TO be honest? I dont believe that you really believe what youre saying. Youve fooled yourself.

Absolutely not. Because of all the intangibles. His tangibles being that hes only good for dump offs, and he CAN complete the short passes occasionally dont erase the intangibles, such as offensive breakdowns, a great defensive play, the fact that he freaks the fuck out if he sees a rip move within ten yards of him. Its not. And its evident by the fact that he cant move the offense worth a shit, and the team or the coaching staff hasnt a fucking bit of faith in him. His receiver is having to berate him too often, the coaching staff is praying that a gimpy old man can play so Carr doesnt have to start....the fact that Moore is an undrafted rookie is the only reason Carr's ass is out on the field.

I never said hes the MAIN problem. Im not here piddling with semantics, Im saying hes a big one. And he is.

Not making bad decisions? Are you fucking kidding me? NOT MAKING GOOD ONES by default, is making bad ones. Did you see, in the first quarter, how fucking scared he got, and those awful heaves he threw out there? TErrible. And a few times, his passes have bopped off of opposing team jerseys. He ahsnt made a TON, or even a LOT of bad decisions, but hes made plenty, and hes not close to a playmaker.

3. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

Hennings bad seasons had everything to do with injuries and the loss of key players.......After the superbowl.....Lost Davis and Smith in the Monday night Greenbay game and then the injuries kept coming!

The next year we go to Seattle and lose in the NFC championship.

Last year we lost our OL and eventually Delhomme. The RBs were not and are not built for the running style that Henning employed. Once Davis was gone Hennings running game was gone. If it's Hennings fault that he didn't find the proper replacement for Davis, then so be it, but as much as some of you guys want to disagree, Foster is NOT a straight ahead jam it down your throat runner and never will be....it's not his fault....I actually like Foster in the new system....

Davidson has the right RBs for his system and the running game works great now, it's Carr that sucks. I think Delhomme was great in Davidson's offense. I think Davidson's offense is fine, it's the QB that's the problem. Vinny walked in and lead this team well. Think about the Indy game. 10-7 at half and the panthers controlled the clock for 26 minutes in the first half.....that's incredible!

Henning being fired was not an OBVIOUS decision. Carr being benched is.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

He didn't. I proved that the play-calling as well as the down & distance stayed largely the same as previous seasons. You certainly remember that, as you could never come up with a sufficient rebuttal for those facts.

You have convenient amnesia.
    Dude, I quoted you.
    Not unless the rest of the team plays better, no, but Jake wouldn't be either. Delhomme was still the quarterback when we struggled with St. Louis and got blown out by Houston. QB performance is not our problem.
    Don't call me a liar again, especially when I put in the effort to explain and prove what I was talking about. Read my thread and make an argument if you can. If you can't, then shut the hell up.
    Except that I'm not, just as defending Trgovac from your ranting bias doesn't mean that I'm attached to him either. I go where the facts lead me, and truth be told, I don't get attached to any player because I don't know that they'll still be in a Panthers uniform the next season. I cheer for the helmet, not the guy wearing it.
    You keep talking shit even though I've provided evidence to prove what I'm saying and you still haven't provided any of your own. Again, make an actual argument or shut the hell up. If I were just deluded, it sure seems like it would be easy to prove me wrong. Instead you're just babbling at the mouth like a know-nothing loser who lacks the ability to back up anything he's saying.
    No, he isn't. This team was humiliated in the preseason even though Jake was behind center, and we got blown the fuck out at home by Houston with Delhomme in there as well. QB play does not rank in the top 5 as far as reasons for our 4 losses.
    I think the problem is that you obviously have a lot of passion for football, you just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

And because I think I'll bring this up in every thread, Vince Young was 14 of 23 for 110 yards, 0 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions.

5. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Arguing with Collin is like arguing with your wife or girlfriend...whether you're right or wrong, you can't win, and either way, you're going to get called some nasty names.:13:

6. John Fox

John Fox It Is What It Is

Getcha a new bitch. Gotta rotate those hoes.

7. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

John Fox = Playa?

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

And you never proved why it didn't matter that opponents, players, and a number of other variables didn't matter at all but stated Jake's individual effort was simply poorer, without having any actual reasons why.

Plus, John Fox disagrees, being as how he fired him.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

If pretty much everything else stays the same offensively (which I proved), but the quarterback's performance on third down was drastically worse than in any prior season, it's a pretty big clue that the quarterback was at fault.

And for the record, David Carr's QB rating on third down is 30 points higher than Delhomme's was last year. It's actually his best down.
    I like how your evidence that Henning sucked is that he got fired, whereas my evidence that he wasn't is that the offense and play-calling are demonstrably worse.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

You proved that down and distance was pretty much the same. That's all. You decided that all the other variables didn't matter.

Which is great. PS, we had 6 first downs this week. He was good at times this year converting, and yet our offense has gotten worse. I've specifically noted in the past he's a little better against the blitz than Delhomme. And yet he's not as good a quarterback, neither versus Delhomme or versus his own talent expectation. And our offense is specifically worse with him in.

Which is what actually matters. Not whether people are saying kind things about you, but whether you're winning. Trying not to lose hasn't worked out.

That was just one form. Us dropping significantly in overall production and run production was the one Fox used. I'd expect a first year coordinator to struggle, even though it really blows. I wouldn't expect a 30 year veteran in his fifth year in a job to struggle this bad.