1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

It's official!

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by NovaNiner, Nov 6, 2003.

1. kpigout

kpigout Cyber-Tailgate BBQ Master

I think ECU should be able to pull themselves back up in a few years. They have been good over the last 10 years . Marshall brings a solid football program, and Tulsa has a good hoops program. SMU and Rice......Aaaaarrrgghhhhh. At least I'll have 2 more teams within driving distance when they play Memphis...

2. BJUnklFkr

BJUnklFkr Full Access Member

KPig, I agree with your statement, as long as you are comparing the CURRENT C-USA with the A-10. Although the A-10 had three tourney participants last season, most but Xavier were of fringe RPI ability. Plus, there is the matter of Fordham and St. Bonnie, etc. keeping things down. If the A-10 can find a way to eject the bottom feeders, it will be top-notch hoops.

Let's also factor in that within the last 10 years time frame, Temple and UMass, even URI in some years, were consistently nationally ranked. Those days appear long gone, so that point doesn't hold water.

As for Memphis, they have been buried in the sorry National Division forever. Thus they have played UC, UL, Marquette and Charlotte only once a year. Their confernce schedule already sucks. If Memphis resumes their series between both UL and UC, and plays in this weakened C-USA, it really doesn't change much from what already exists. Cal has always scheduled aggressively OOC. BUT Memphis had better blow that conference away to make it look good :D

That said, RPI doesn't mean squat. For example, last time UC finished with an RPI in the top 5, they lost YET AGAIN in the second round.

PI, what's a FUCKTARD?? :confused: No reason to get all PIssed off :cool:

3. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

A fucktard is any loser like kpig that hangs out on another teams board and takes cheap shots out of jealousy. Why is he even here? You guys may think of him as the "kinder, gentler Kpig", but to me, he is still the same old asshole Memphis fan that use to plague the cusa board. Fuck Memphis and their squid coach.

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

A10? CUSA? Does it really matter? You better win the regular season title because all the at large bids will be sucked up by the larger conferences.

5. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Not any different than you using UNC's two years ago. Doesn't really matter what UNCC did before sucking last year. It's all in how you can build on last year and improve this year.

6. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

first, thank god we are in and the prez's of the A10 didn't buckle as rumored.

kpig, I think BJ's post is dead on. The current CUSA would be a step down for us to the A10, but CUSA w/o the B.E. defectors and now the 2 A10 defectors will probably be about the 10th conference strength wise. Now the A10 will take over the old CUSA 8 slot in the RPI ratings, look for the new CUSA to trail the Mountain West in the 10 spot. And did you imply Memphis has 29 nat'l games this year on tv? Maybe you meant CUSA this year which may be more than the A10, but like BJ and I are saying those nat'l tv games are gone with the defections. Look at the bright side, maybe you guys can get more than 1 NCAA bid per 8 season now without us and the other defectors taking your slot.

7. 49erpi

What are you talking about??

First of all, no conference gives an automatic bid to the regular season champion and second, both CUSA and the A-10 recieve multiple at-large bids every year.

8. kpigout

Metro, I agree with everything you said, except for the last line. We will get our spot with or without the defectors.:)

As for the TV schedule, the 29 games is just for us. It could depend on your point of view though. Many of the games are on ESPN Gameplan. Here is the schedule:

Date Opp. Time & Results TV
    11/04 Universal All-Stars (exh) W 116-70
    11/13 Wake Forest(n) 6:00 ESPN 2
    11/18 Team Georgia (exh) 7:00
    11/22 Fordham 7:00 ESPN GP
    11/29 Austin Peay 7:00 ESPN GP
    12/03 UT-Martin 7:00 ESPN GP
    12/06 @ Ole Miss 5:00 ESPN 2
    12/13 @ Illinois 8:00 ESPN
    12/17 Belmont 7:00 ESPN GP
    12/22 Samford 7:00 ESPN GP
    12/27 Missouri 11:00 (am) ESPN
    12/29 Oakland 7:00 ESPN GP
    01/06 @ Villanova 6:00 ESPN 2
    01/10 @ Southern Miss 4:00 ESPN
    01/13 @ DePaul 7:30 ESPN GP
    01/17 Charlotte 1:00 ESPN+ GP
    01/20 @ Tulane 7:00 ESPN GP
    01/24 Houston 7:00 ESPN GP
    01/27 South Florida 7:00 ESPN GP
    01/31 @ TCU 2:00 ESPN+ GP
    02/04 Louisville 9:00 ESPN
    02/07 St. Louis 12:00 ESPN+
    02/11 @ East Carolina 6:00
    02/14 @ Marquette 8:00 ESPN
    02/21 UAB 6:00 ESPN
    02/24 Southern Miss 7:00 ESPN GP
    02/28 @ Louisville 12:00 ABC
    03/03 TCU 7:00
    03/06 @ Cincinnati 2:30 ABC
    03/10 ?CUSA 1st Rd TBA ESPN+ GP
    03/11 ?CUSA 2nd Rd TBA ESPN+ GP
    03/12 ?CUSA Semi TBA ESPN+ GP
    03/10 ?CUSA Finals TBA CBS
    ESPN GP = ESPN GamePlan (subscriber service) ESPN+ GP indicates games available on both ESPN+ and GamePlan. All times Central & in the "PM" except Missouri, which is AM

9. kpigout

:laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1: :laugher: :laugh1:

You need some medication . Let me guess....You're not even from Charlotte, are you? My guess is from a little farther North.

10. 49erpi

I need medication? Have you noticed that there are no other Memphis people on this board or are you that stupid?

You came on a 49er board and insulted our new conference and you think I have a problem? Why dont you worry about your own teams problems (and they are countless). Surely you can find a memphis board where you all can jerk off over calipari and what a stunning job he is doing with that program.

And I'm from florida.