1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

It's official!

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by NovaNiner, Nov 6, 2003.

1. kpigout

kpigout Cyber-Tailgate BBQ Master

I didn't come here talking any shit. I made a simple comment, which you somehow twisted into talking shit. You really need to take your meds pi. Paranoia isn't becoming of you.

To "ALL" the other folks here, I really wish you well in your new conference. I really hate to see CUSA change like this. I will miss our games with y'all, although I hope we keep Charlotte as an OOC game each year . Looking forward to 1/17.

2. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

does anyone know what our average RPI is over the last 5 or 6 years? its gotta be in the low 40s maybe high 30s

3. UNCCTF

UNCCTF RIP Danielle

You used last year's RPI for us? Yeah, like that's representative of our program throughout C-USA. We were 31st in 2001-02, and I believe 19th in 1998-1999. Nice try.

Enjoy mid-majordom!

4. kpigout

Look...My entire point was that y'all are going from a conference with an average RPI of 95, to one with an average of 140. That IS taking a hit. That is not a lateral move. If it's any consolation to you, I'm sure ours will drop even farther than that. If y'all want to read anything into that, go ahead. You're just looking for a fight or a reason to flame.

5. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

geez guys,

I didn't think it was so bad....

give the dood a break...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  6. Catswin

Catswin Member

kpig, are you serious here? Are those rpi calculations minus the four powerhouses that are leaving CUSA?(well make that 3). I hate to say it but Charlotte is way better off in this deal than Memphis. In fact, I bet you folks would want an invite to the A10. "Y'all" are at a very definite crossroad in you athletic future as a University. Spin all you want. It's trouble for Memphis.

7. kpigout

If you read my post, I clearly said I'm sure ours will drop even farther than Charlottes. Basketball in the "New" Cusa is gonna suck in conference, but our OOC will be good enough to keep us up there. The RPI #'s are last years final conference RPI's with all present teams included. If we all were in our new conferences this year, and using everyones final RPI's from last year, the A10 would be ahead of CUSA.

8. sf49er

sf49er Full Access Member

From my reading of the Memphis board, it appears the sky is falling in memphis......... Most, not all of the Memphis posters see
    cusa as a joke with the new "alignment".

If TCU leaves, whcih I think they will, good luck, you will need it, you will need to play a very strong OOC schedule to keep a decent rpi.

We made the best move we could, given the circumstances but we are in much better shape than Memphis.

9. kpigout

As long as TCU stays, football will be better. They will have very little effect on our RPI.It's basketball that's taking a major hit. We gotta live with it...for now. There's too many chicken littles on our board.

10. sf49er

sf49er Full Access Member

From what I read, TCU is gone, another problem is and I live in Greenville, ECU is absolutely terrible........no AD, sorry coach, sorry talent.....

S Miss is ually good, UAB, so so, the Texas teams, well, nuff said........

You should be able to dominate the conference which in the long run, may be good for you all, but you are right about your posters, I have never seen so much negativity in my life, and they bring alot of abuse down on themselves.