1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Is this what Primetime has come to??

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by boone, Mar 3, 2004.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Interesting point . . Though I'm sure Solarte would disagree with you :) . . .

As I've said before, WFNZ is probably the best sportstalk station between Atlanta and Washington . . . Remember the early days of the 'new' WFNZ? Penner, Czaban, & 'Flashboy' were actual talents who i wish were still around today :( :( . . . Packman pretty much got the PRIMETIME gig because he was the stations one & only option ?

2. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Your talking about HAYSEED (aka Brian Stroupe) . . Yes, the uber Duke fan :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . . . . I'm sure folks who can't get into the radio bizness in this town and have actual talent pull their hair out every day when they hear Hayseed run his yap on the air.

I think Pack will be more of a Hoops fan this time since the Bobcats front office folks have been part of the show on a regular basis (plus as I've said before, I think WFNZ will land the flagship radio station contract). Pack isn't dumb enough to dog the local NBA team when its owned by someone higher up the VIACOM corporate chain (aka Bob Johnson) . .

BTW, I wonder does Pack's wife call him Mark or Packman during their intimate moments? Just wondering :) . . . .

3. BigVito

BigVito Splitting Headache

My bet is on "bitch."
    Glad I have sat radio now. I think my IQ has gone up 10 points and my blood pressure has dropped 20 since December.

4. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

Solarte had a good show. he was the best host they had.... :gets off knees:

i'm talking about that midget adam gold with his constant baiting of callers, letting callers get one line in and then cutting then off... then when their gone he and his little cronie will laugh and poke fun....

at least mark packer lets callers say what they want...

but hayseed is a total deushe bag....

5. Xantos

Xantos Full Access Member

She problay wears the "pants" in the house ya think?

Soon I'll have XM radio, and all will be GOOD! :xyzthumbs

6. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

XM radio is the absolute best thing going.

you get your fill of sports flipping between espn radio, espn news, sporting news radio and fox sports radio.

each time someone posts something about packer, it's nothing new.

7. boone

boone Junior Member

Seems to me Pack should take notes from this Adam Gold guy. He baits callers too, and he and his little crones laugh and make fun when they're gone especially when they dare to disagree with him. He should cut the majority of his callers off. They pretty much all say the same thing and bring absolutely nothing to the show.

It would be much more interesting to engage the "co-hosts" in some interesting discussions about something other than "the Big 10 sucks". That's pretty much a dead end conversation. But in order to get something interesting out of them, Pack would have to do some prep work and educate himself. He obviously can't be bothered to do that. It's much easier to be negative and take stupid, uninformed pot-shots at everyone and everything. I really wish he would try harder, because I think he could put on an interesting show. I guess he's just gotten too lazy and satisfied to make the effort. :applause:

8. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Thanks for the props...appreciate the love. Now get up.:laugh1:

9. Uncle Mingo

Uncle Mingo Slippy

Word on the street is she once called out "V-Man, Throw me in the pool!" Just a rumor, that's all.

10. Uncle Mingo

Uncle Mingo Slippy

You know, I just realized how harsh, unfair and insensitive it is for some of us to joke and trivialize about Packer's private life and his intimate relationship with his wife.

I think we should stop and consider ourselves bad people, apologize to Packer and try to continue on in a more humane manner.

Our mantra should now be: WWDJSD.

Which means... What Would DJ Stout Do?