1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Is Gary Williams gone on WFNZ?

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by francois.nc, Jan 23, 2009.

1. fastlane22

fastlane22 Full Access Member

At least that show is informative.

2. CharlottePirate

CharlottePirate Full Access Member

Gary Williams. I guess I can say he at least knew how to run a show and kept up with sports. That's about it. I thought he came across as too much of a UNC homer over the air (which was bad enough since Mac has gone full-blown UNC homer) He came across as arrogant/pompous/whatever. Always liked Tom and Celania more.

I will disagree with most here on Frank and Buck. I really like their show. No gimmicks or anything....just two ex-pros talking sports. They'll say whatever they're thinking.

3. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

lol, tbone is on dave's profile page complaining about chris.

4. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

I listened to his new show on the way to work the other morning. not too bad, he sounds better without the red neck ghetto brotha quotient from FNZ. He was talking to Tim Hasselback about the NFL. I'm not going to turn off Stern for him, but it sounded more tolerable than what he had here.

5. chris

chris Full Access Member

huh?

6. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

7. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I'm going to have to.

A note from the Suit

I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you who have either called or emailed me about being a part of the first ever WFNZ focus group and with your thoughts about the new lineup. I read every email and have responded to all of them. I have also spoken with a few of you on the phone. We will be contacting you soon with more details on the focus group. If you have not sent me an email, and want to participate, please email me at [email protected].

I also want to discuss our new lineup. I really do appreciate all of your feedback. Yes, even the negative feedback! Change is never easy and we understand that. It's not easy for us either. With that being said, I truly believe that the new lineup will be great in time. Mac has had unprecedented success in the middays and is busting his butt to make the new morning show the best WFNZ has ever seen. The addition of Jim will only help the cause. Chemistry is a huge factor when it comes to creating a great radio program. This does not happen over night. The show you hear now will not be the same show you will hear in a week, a month or even a year. We will find the perfect balance between humor and great sports talk. The most successful sports talk shows all find this balance. Trust me, it will take time, but we will find it. Continue to listen and continue to send me feedback. Some of you have already emailed me telling me you think the lineup is getting better everyday.

The Frank and Buck show will continue to grow as well. If you were to tell Frank and Buck they would be doing a 4 hour show a month ago, they would have laughed at you. I would have, too. They were just getting comfortable with their 1 hour show and then I threw an additional 3 hours at them. They work extremely hard and are determined to create a great show. They are passionate sports fans just like us but just happen to have had great NFL careers. You will find that they can talk all sports and that they want the listeners to be a huge part of the show. Kind of like a few good buddies sitting around a table enjoying a cold beverage talking sports. The addition of Mark and Tom are already paying dividends and again, in time, the Frank and Buck show will be one that I believe will keep you entertained in the middays. I think they have had a good first week and they are getting more comfortable by the hour. Again, feel free to email or call me anytime to discuss WFNZ. We are recognized as one of the best sports stations in the country and we plan on keeping it that way. Thanks again for your feedback and please keep it coming. Yes, even the negative feedback!

Thanks again, D.J.

8. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

[​IMG]

9. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

that is funny as hell

10. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Suit is right about one thing, good talk shows take time to develop chemistry. I've always thought McClain was 100x better when he had Penner as the 'crazy guy' and was able to play it more straight. When I first heard him in the morning he still seemed to be his 'crazy single host' self that I despise, but already it seems like he's calmed down. Celenia has to be the wacky sidekick, might take McClain a bit to return to form.

I still can't believe they have Frank and Buck in the midday on both stations (I assume, I have never listened.) That's a pretty big slot (4 hours,) I wish they would spring for a national midday show (I'm just assuming, since Mac was on both stations.)