1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Initial Impressions (Preseason One)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Mr. Scot, Aug 14, 2010.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Moore was hampered, but I do think Clausen moved us better and was more accurate. Fair enough on the low balls by Clausen, that'll be something to watch (as is that he fumbled a snap). I think I was expecting Moore to be better and didn't see it.

I'd have liked more from Pike.

Gross wasn't good. And I don't know why we start off the season so undisciplined about snap count. But there were holes in the line, and Fiammetta did allright. That one block gets overblown, he could've gone to meet the LB out of the hole, but it got the job done.

it's somewhat promising that we have a scrappy, able, somewhat quick line right now. I had my worries here too, even if we did fit scheme. But we'll probably still get run on. Upside? If teams want to slow the game down and beat us at our game, I like our chances. By all means, New Orleans, run it all day.

the late play on Munnerlyn (who shouldn't start next year IMO) was partially on him. What else didn't you like?

Yes. And Wilson deserves more opportunity.

I saw promising things from all, in varied bits. Jarrett came up fairly big, Lafell looked solid but isn't there yet, and Armanti is at least an as-promised athlete who hung on to punts.

It's OK if someone grabs Vaughn. He looks good, but there's a point of greed to an end - we should have our top 4 for a while hopefully, and #5 has no business getting carries in an average year. Sutton's ability helps make a guy like that not a necessity.

I didn't know Moore is a 5 year vet (FSU '05). He does play all-out and it looks like Baker got a lot out of him. We have four good ends, we don't have to have either guy. Taylor is completely milk-carton fodder at this point. We have three guys who are as young, have shown something, and are physically better.

Wright could've done more with his shot, sure. I think that Connor showed up some in the run game on 2nd notice, and had a good blitz. Wanted to see more time of both. Schwartz was good in run, didn't see him against pass.