1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

In case you 49ers fans missed it...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by mediafreak, Feb 16, 2005.

1. mediafreak

mediafreak Freak me

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  2. mediafreak

mediafreak Freak me

Jesus H Christ

did anyone - ANYONE - get a 49ers story? not even Jena's early edition (we cranked that sucker out asap after our early deadline! We're getting letters left and right (never mind the niners game stories have been on the front page at least 90 percent of the time).

Folks writing in to the Observer, it looks like a technical glitch. We're looking into it. You'd think if folks saw at least one part of the story, maybe it would occur to them that the JamesOn Curry article was holding a spot for the 49ers, especially since there's a jump and photos inside.

ugh

3. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Yep, you will be happy to hear that the Concord-Kannapolis-Myrtle Beach edition had a 6 paragraph front page article in the Observer sports section. The Charlotte Observer fucking rocks. :applause:

4. NovaNiner

NovaNiner Full Access Member

Pessimistic, but to each his own. Even if Mike took that POV for us, even the most optimistic person hasn’t had State on the bubble since December.

5. mediafreak

mediafreak Freak me

thats the story jena sent us right after our 1st deadline. i had to make a few tweaks to get it to work and minimize damage to the pressroom.

still, the snafu in the final edition puzzles me. some of you had to have gotten a full story. :huh:

6. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Thank God for Al Gore and the internet. Otherwise, I'd have wasted $1.50 at the quick stop. Think we might at least be able to get Jena's full, unedited report?

meidafreak, I'm not going to complain. There are a lot of unhappy local folks on the other board that will never believe what happened was a technical error.

7. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

Werd!

8. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

State's not on the bubble at all. Regardless, we were low 30s RPI last year, had a really impressive OOC slate, were one of the best teams on the road, split conference championship, etc.

This year, we got ranked for doing less, I think. We do have less losses, but that's about it.

However, I will take it. ANd if a national ranking equates to a higher seed, I'll take that too.

9. mediafreak

mediafreak Freak me

btw, if those conspiracy theorists want to pin JFK's assasination, the introduction of Coke II, and the cancellation of all Star Trek series on me, let them.

10. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Nah, the blame will go somewhere other than you.

The Coke II was a mistake though. :nono: