1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

In case you 49ers fans missed it...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by mediafreak, Feb 16, 2005.

1. mediafreak

mediafreak Freak me

this is my opinion, and in no way should it be construed as that of the my employer or anyone i work with:

i think the story on the stadium needed more. more on the injuries, on how much cost saving there is, how using an artificial surface helps or hurts schools (including staffing, coaches, etc). moreover, doesn't it strike anyone as weird that a new school gets its football stadium built first and nearly completed BEFORE the buildings with classrooms are done? is the bigger picture the fact that a cash-strapped system is also worrying about athletic fields rather than trying to pay teachers and improve a increasingly overcrowded system?

WCNC just ran a story about the risk of injuries on their news at 11. guess you can look for that story on their web site. methinks tomorrow's sports section will be filled with fotos from tonight's uncc-depaul game.

2. mediafreak

mediafreak Freak me

yes larry. you can set a clock by it.

for more fun reading, check out ninernation.net

3. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i did. that's when i posted my note.

seen it all before.

4. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Chalk up next week too.

5. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

You are taking yourself far too seriously

6. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I'll just disagree with you media. A front page story with large photo of a high school football stadium in February can't possibly be more news worthy than a game between a local university ranked in the Division I Top 25 and a team in the Top 30, playing for first place in the conference where the prefame story goes to the rear of the sports section. And yes, the Bobcats were hosting Denver too, in a game already meaningless as far as standings go. It's not promotion of the game, it's informing your readers that there is an event. And readers do assume that the farther the info in placed into that section, the more meaningless it is.

As for Fudgepacker, most of the 49ers fans quit listening to him years ago. He's a tool and has nothing to offer any listener.

I saw several of the photos on the photog's laptops being edited at halftime in the media room, Curtis' dunk was a sweet photo.

7. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

Ban Media :banana:

8. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

9. Willy

Willy Full Access Member

:thinking: ok... maybe you missed the sarcasm in my original post so i'll clear it up for you... the story sucked. no one cares about the ballantyne high school football stadium or if it gets built before or after classrooms. :xyzthumbs let me know if you have any further questions. thanks.

10. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

No offense to any of the guys making a living on sports radio here in Charlotte but sports radio in Charlotte sucks ass. The worst show is whoever is on 610 in the mornings, they dont even talk sports half the time.