1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I'm being optimistic.

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by RangerRick, Oct 8, 2005.

1. RangerRick

RangerRick Junior Member

There has been alot to pick apart on the way the Panthers have played, so far. But, I want to point out that if not for 2 plays the Panthers would be 4-0. I know that is like saying "If a frog had wings he would bump his ass so much", but really, we are in very good shape. The things that aren't working are things we can correct.

In the first game, if either Steve or Ricky had not stepped out of bounds, we would have had a TD instead of a field goal. That would have have been enough to win.

The Miami game, one play. The safety doesn't read the play, or Jake spots him lurking, we get the field goal and the win.

Now, I'm not happy with alot of things. We need to get more pressure on the QB. We need to spread the ball around more. We need to run the ball better. We correct these problems and we're Super Bowl bound. We don't and we'll just be average. I choose to believe Fox will get the team to come around.

2. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

That's just the point. Every year he does get this team straightened out but it really has to play bad before that happens and there just doesn't seem to be any need for that.

I'd almost guarantee that at some point in this season we will look great for a number of games.

3. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

I guess the main thing is, it sholdn't come down to that one play!

4. homer2k79

homer2k79 Fuckin' Chuck Norris

That's Fox Football though, he plays games close. I think he wants the heavy fans to have heart problems:twocents:

5. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Well if you want to play football where one play decides the game, we aren't going to be that successful unless we play close to a perfect game every game.

6. heelsnum1

heelsnum1 Full Access Member

I feel exactly the same way. Hopefully it is for a large number of games, including the playoffs.

7. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

hopefully weeks 14, 15, 16, wildcard weekend, divisional playoffs, etc... :trophy:

8. reb

reb 1riot1reb

It's not one or two plays it's ALWAYS the last half of the 4th Quarter or the last minute. It's a 60 min. game and until the Panters figure that out it's always going to be this way.

9. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

my biggest worry is.....Tampa and Atlanta finishing ahead of us....then the playoffs will be a stretch....

I see us splitting with Tampa and losing both games to Atlanta as usual....

if that happens and Tampa keeps winning, then we will be lucky to get the final wildcard.